Does Stafford retire as a Lion or a Ram?

Just curious if you guys think Matt will want to retire as a Lion or a Ram?

And if he does get into the Hall of Fame, does he even acknowledge being a Lion in his speech?

Based on the commercials he will find a way to thank the lions fans for sure. What teams uniform depends how long he continues to play for the rams. If he does another contract after the current one then he goes in as a ram. If this is his last contract with them… he goes in as a lion. Sorry i turned this into a hall of fame discussion. Because if he can finish this contract and grab another super bowl i think he will make the hall once his final stat numbers are looked at.

1 Like

The fact he led the Rams to a superbowl would make me think he will retire a Ram. If he wins a second ring there then it is certain.

2 Likes

What does it mean if he does retire a Lion? It doesn’t change anything he accomplished or didn’t accomplish here. He may be a Superbowl winning QB but he didn’t win it for the Lions. As much as I adored him while he was a Lion wether he retires a Lion or not changes nothing for me.

3 Likes

he retires as a packer after the rams trade him in a couple years and stafford comes in and wins the north several times :wink:

Unless he wins multiple SB’s, definitely retires as a Lion.

2 Likes

The Lions made his trade request happen. At no time did their appear to be any kind of fallout. He will retire a Ram but definitely thanks the lions fans and ownership.

3 Likes

He will end up in the Lions ring of honor you would think given that the passing numbers he put up here which far surpass anything ever seen here before.

2 Likes

He’s going to sign a 1 day contract and retire with the Lions regardless of his success in LA IMO.

9 Likes

This would be nice.

1 Like

He’ll fawn over the city and the fans…but he goes in as a Ram

2 Likes

I think he retires as a Lion with a 1 day contract kind of how Favre eventually retired as a Packer.

1 Like

Ram

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Staffords stay in southern California when he retires, they’re certainly not coming back to Detroit. Obviously will be the Rams. He had nothing but failure here.

1 Like

And he will remember to thank all the little people who impeded him in the early days.

3 Likes

Whatever Kelly wants.

2 Likes

He’s a Ram. That’s where he had success.
Goff will retire a Lion because this is where he will win his Super Bowl.
When Goff leads us to the promised land, this conversations conclusion will be crystal clear.

3 Likes

Koolaide with a roofie.

2 Likes

Yeah, Matt will probably want to retire a Lion to rub salt in the wound.:upside_down_face:

I likewise think he retires as a Lion. I don’t think Natty is far off either with the possibility that he comes back for a year, depending on our situation. The Rams have a runway of about 2 years; after 2024, and maybe even two more Ram Super Bowl runs, this isn’t unthinkable.

I genuinely believe Detroit is home for the Stafford’s, and LA probably feels more like an extended (and well deserved) vacation.

2 Likes