Draft Poll - If You were GM who you got!?

Like some freaked out about signing Davis to a small zero guarantee contract :crazy_face:

I took Walker cuz I have no clue who they should take

1 Like

Saved By The Bell Team GIF by PeacockTV

3 Likes

It wasn’t so much the signing. Just not a fan of hm.

I’ve got personal grievances with former first round busts. Don’t even get me started on Ebron. :joy:

2 Likes

Well if the Den has there way…Thibs will be wearing honolulu blue soon. 55% of the vote.

Hamilton could have skipped the combine… and I still wouldn’t have wanted him with a top 10 pick.

Hamilton could have run 4.45 in the 40… and I still wouldn’t have wanted him with a top 10 pick.

2 Likes

One thing that I will say about Willis …. in addition to everything @BigNatty already mentioned… is that many people express concern for the fact that he may be “raw” as a QB.

That is a reasonable concern.

On the other hand…. when I think about the fact that he started only 10 games in colllege prior to 2021…. and he barely threw over 1000 passes in high school and college combined… it makes me think he could also IMPROVE significantly as he gets more and more reps.

He is reportedly quite intelligent… and seems to be the kind of guy that will dedicate himself to putting in the time needed to be great.

I will also say… that for all of big and flashy runs and deep balls he has put on tape… the touch he has displayed on shorter throws — with accuracy —- also is encouraging to me.

I think for all the concern about him being “raw”… people may have forgotten that Michael Vick threw a total of 343 passes in college… and completed only 56% of them… but was the consensus #1 pick that year.

3 Likes

Vick was never a great QB, he could run, had a cannon, but was never a great QB

1 Like

I would be pissed if they took a qb at 2. That means they are done with Goff already.

2 Likes

I really don’t think they view him as the long term answer. Maybe they do? Gonna be super-interesting to find out. I can see us developing a rook and having awesome trade value in Goff. Maybe wishful thinking? I dunno?

I really like Willis as a man, and that makes me belie in him a lot more as a QB.
I don’t think we end up w/Willis, but I hope we do. LOL.

DE/DT/WR is my prediction for 2/32/34
…and I like that option too

I don’t see Hutch.

Then there was really no reason to trade Stafford to the Rams. Goff cost way too much. I get the draft picks, but we could’ve got picks instead of a qb who they are going to replace. Plus you f up on taken a qb who isn’t a top 10 pick, we are going to rebuilding again

1. Stafford wanted out
  2. Not sure what that has to do with anything I’ve said here?
  3. I’d love it if we had Stafford on this team for the rebuild, as I do think he’s young enough to get it done.
  4. Goff will have trade value, if we decide to unload him.

We are rebuilding. If we pick a QB that doesn’t work out, we still have Goff on the roster, no? Goff is grooming a rook, if we take one. Just my take, and I could be full of shit? I truthfully don’t know. Also, per usual …I trust Brad in whatever he decides to do.

1 Like

I have no issues with trading Stafford. My issues is taken on massive contract to just say hey were taken a qb at number who is a top 10 player tgis year. If trade Goff probably have to eat his salary cap.

1 Like

Not how I understand it. He’s tradable/cutable after this year, according to the cap dudes. This year…not so much.
I believe Goff will bring much more to the Lions than he costs them (trade value).

One thing’s for damn sure…wher’e gonna find out soon enough.

1 Like

Goff isn’t the problem neither was Stafford. I guess its a wait and see at this point

1 Like

I thought I’d heard a bigger knock on Willis was that he won’t throw until he sees his guy open
And others have said many can’t learn to throw it to a spot

I think Goff had that problem early last year and the WRs simply needed to gain his trust by being where they were supposed to be

Could be that Willis hasn’t yet had talent he trusts

There seems to be little consensus at freaking #2 this year. It’s very bizarre. Easier for me to sit back and trust Holmes & Co will make good selections.

2 Likes

There could be some middle ground to each side here.

Maybe they hoped Goff would be the guy he was in 2017 and 2018… but also want to grab a QB to have in case he doesn’t progress.

I do think Goff is young enough that he possibly hasn’t reached his peak… but I also think QB is so important that it doesn’t hurt to invest heavily in the position.

2 Likes

Let’s assume Hutch is the #1 pick. Imagine you’re GM of the Lions. Who you taking #2?

Completely agree, brother. Last year…
-We had dudes running the wrong routes (didn’t know the playbook)
-Injuries to starting wRs, and had to use backups to backups
-Injuries to OL
-no depth, and injuries to TE
-Switched OCs halfway through the season

Goff isn’t the problem. I also don’t think he’s the answer. Goff is like Cousins, IMO. If he’s surrounded by great talent, he can get you to the playoffs and maybe win a game (or more, if the refs throw a b.s. flag that is one of the worst calls in the history of the NFL given game importance and situation).

Goff could win us 10-13 games, and get us to the conference finals. I don’t see us winning titles with him, but he’s a far cry from the biggest problem on the 3 1/2 win team.

It’s all about perspective.

If a SB is our goal, Goff is not the answer.
If we’re talking about a 3 win team…he is not the problem either.

I want to upgrade the QB position, especially watching Allen, Mahommes, Stafford in the playoffs. Goff isn’t getting that job done.

1 Like

Willis, for me (if trade-down is not available)