Drafting 3rd and below

This is a good question! Most likely option is probably Hamilton given the Lions’ needs and there’s pretty clear water seemingly between Hamilton and a good safety class. This said, it’s easier to see the Jets, Eagles or Giants taking a safety given their multiple picks.

If I had to pick now I think I’d go with Jameson Williams. Is that a bit rich - yes certainly - but I like the idea of having the pick of the receiver litter rather than waiting to see who’s left with the Rams pick comes up. And the Rams pick is trending downward in any event.

After torching Georgia, Williams is going head-to-head with Sauce Gardner in the Cotton Ball - so that should be revealing. And that’s my point really … my hunch ultimately is that someone will separate themselves between now and draft day. Thibodeaux was the consensus #1 up until Hutchinson’s performance in the Ohio game. Things change pretty quick and it’s easy to see how the combine and other tiebreakers will catapult 2-3 players currently in the 10-25 range into the top 5 conversation.

But if I had to pick now - Jameson Williams. Would be nice to team him up with his mate Bryce Young in 2023!

1 Like

Garrett Wilson is the reason Jameson Williams transferred in the first place. How anyone could take a guy who just runs fast over a complete receiver is something I will never understand.

To me, it’s a pretty great draft for the Lions doing what they usually do, and playing themselves out of draft position right at the end of the season.

It would hurt to miss Hutchinson, and Thibodeaux might similarly be elite.

But Hamilton, Stingley or Karlaftis are Tier 1 players as well.

1 Like

These two things do not belong in the same sentence.

Karlaftis sucks when he’s not playing Rutgers or Nebraska.

On the Jags forum i visited not a single one of them want or expect Neil to be the top pick. They are 90% Hutch and 10% Thibs currently

1 Like

What!?! That’s crazy talk!

I suppose the Giants and Eagles don’t want to give us their picks, either.

Why don’t any of these teams think about Lions fans’ mock drafts?

1 Like

The number of people who disagree with you:

voting washington dc GIF by Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture

Anything he’s doing this season, he’s doing while double- and triple-teamed.

And can a single one of those people find me a good play he made against the even talent he played in Columbus? He didn’t get octuple teamed in that game.

What a bum that Karlaftis is. :roll_eyes:

So at 2:48, that’s a highlight?

One great rep against Notre Dame and the rest was UCONN’s and Iowa’s. I’m just not a fan of his.

Every single great player in history has had bad games, you cannot base your evaluation on one data point. I admit I haven’t watched enough of him yet but there are a lot of people whose opinions I greatly respect who disagree with you rather vehemently. Noted DL guru Justis Mosqueda has Karlaftis as his #1 guy. Not saying I agree yet, but it shouldn’t surprise you that a lot of people disagree with your against-the-grain take.

All of that said, I agree with you 100% about Garret Wilson. I think he’s the best receiver in the class and I don’t think it’s all that close.

Well, you were the one who said he sucks when he isn’t playing Rutgers or Nebraska, obviously that was an inaccurate statement based on the UConn and IA games plus some solid plays in other games.

You set a low bar, LOL, just having fun. You are just infatuated with OSU players, Fields last year now the WR, it provides a laugh when you go so out of your way to discredit others.

You also asked for a good play against OSU, it was given, then say highlight, lol moving bar.

Personally there are several players I would take before Karlaftis, OSU WR you are in love with, Hamilton, Lloyd, UGA LB and others. But I also think him being on a dline with other good players, unlike Purdue, may make him much better player in the NFL. Imagine him on the other side of Hutchinson at UM he would be a top 10 pick imo.

Time for the lists. In order of preference:

Hutch
Thibs
Hamilton
Karlftis
Ojabo (Ansah who isn’t secretly 50 years old)
Stingley Jr

Tentatively, my top 10 goes:

Hutch
Thibs
Hamilton
Karlaftis
Okwanu
G. Wilson
Stingley
Lloyd
Jermaine Johnson II
Charles Cross

1 Like

Where do you have Leal?

I don’t want any part of Karlaftis I would take Jermaine Johnson II before i take him.

I like Johnson later an he will move up an could be gone if we look at him with second pick rd 1.

Not sure about Wilson that early but Wilson Burks or London are 3 WR I like top half of draft.

Hutch
D Lloyd
Leal
Jermaine Johnson
Roger McCreary
Damone Clark
J Williams
G Wilson
T Burks
D Bell
Walker
Haskins

Get me 3-4 of those guys somehow

Not too much further down, probably in the 17-20 range. Athletic freak but really didn’t take the step I thought he’d take this year. Still have to watch more of him though, as I do with most of these guys still.