Drake London at #2

Agree… I may not want any good things to happen while at OSU… but once in the NFL and playing for Lions… all is forgiven.

And… sure would LOVE some wat to end up with Wilson at WR for the Lions!

If the Lions traded down and ended up with Wilson or London…. couldn’t complain with that!

2 Likes

If we trade down, yes. Really like to go defense the 1st pick. DE/LB/s/wr are the biggest needs

1 Like

I subscribe to the Bill Polian view of prospects. There is a sweet spot. You can do too little or too much research. You can talk yourself into or out of any prospect if you watch the film long enough. He pointed out the odd pattern where there are very few 2nd round QBs. He said QB is important enough that they watch the film long enough to convince themselves that the kid is a 1st round pick or they watch it long enough to knock him down to a 3rd round or lower pick.

Quinn readily admits that he did more study on Teez than any other prospect he had ever evaluated. He thought that was a good thing. In reality it means he talked himself into the kid. His instincts after a “normal” amount of film study clearly told him that Teez was a later round pick. But he wouldn’t accept that for what it was, and kept watching until he could be the smartest man in the room.

4 Likes

I’d really like defense at 2, ideally, the first 3 picks on defense, but I wouldn’t be upset if they went London or Wilson at 2, honestly. A true #1 WR is a definite need on this team and with the price of #1 WRs on the market, getting one on a rookie contract is ideal.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.