DreMont Jones FA

Does anyone have know much about him? I remember him a touch from the Big 10 against Michigan and Michigan State. Thought he was decent.

He is young and would be cheap. He was a healthy scratch in a couple of Denver’s games so I don’t think he will get much interest in FA, but played in about 60% of their snaps. He averages about 6 sacks per season so he can obviously get some pressure up the middle. He is almost identical to Levi’s size and would be insurance against Levi being a bust.

I see him as sub in passing situations and with our DE providing the pressure they do, he could be a nice compliment.

1 Like

He won’t be cheap he had a good year 6.5 sacks in 13 games and a lot of pressures he was only out because of a hip injury he is in the top 25 player in most FAs list.

What does he do that Josh Pascal/John Cominsky don’t?

That is my biggest issue with him as he has been brought up before. We have tweeners who can play inside and outside. We need a true 3T that can play the run on early downs and rush the passer, IMO.

2 Likes

Yeah I brought him up but I kinda agree he’s a lot like Comish that’s why I kinda went to Greg Gaines.

If we draft one we don’t need Gains where will he play? Not saying he sucks just not doing to improve us that much. Don’t base need on first half or one game Panther game. We played very well when Comish along with Jacobs an Pascal came back from injury.

Just because we sucked bac some games look at GB game a nothing game for Lions an what DL did . There are other games the DL player great.

Lets see who they bring back.

I am for drafting one but one I want can play NT or DT he is the size of Comish but heavier

Late rd two Keeanu Benton DT 6’4″, 315 You can play him inside like Comish an he can switch with McNeill or Pascal an you still could have Houston coming
He can play all along DL He also was wrestler an won like 40 plus matches an lost like 3

He is a brute an strong with long arms. During college games he was double teamed an still got in back field. The reason I like hi mainly he can even be put on DE an just told secure the end an he can. He can by used out of NT spot an just a DT also

I would rather spend money on some of are own players an fill spots with couple FA. I think we should draft a OLman an also sign a mid price OG. They can grade better than use . The one i wanted is Ben Powers but read article Bear fans want to give him the bank an there bank is bigger than ours. I would make offer but not get in bidding war.

Thanks, did some more digging and found this: On September 22, 2020, Jones was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. The 2 healthy misses were during reactivation. Also agree probably not as cheap as I was thinking.

I liked Gaines as an option as well but TOTALLY agree we will draft one and really don’t need either if we bring Comish and Buggs back.

If we’re going to spend money outside of our players it should be for an NFL Starting Corner.
That and Guard are really all I can see going outside the organization and draft after.

Yote- as you’ve mentioned we’ve got Buggs and Benito. Also Demetrius Taylor

If we are gonna add to the DT unit let’s add some elite level talent. Not depth

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.