Eagles cancel practice today

Too many banged up players. But don’t get too excited, I’m sure they’ll field a team on Sunday and we better be playing better.

Among the Eagles’ walking wounded:

WR DeSean Jackson, who will be out for at least two weeks with an abdominal strain

WR Alshon Jeffery, unlikely to play with a calf strain expected to sideline him for 1-2 weeks

RB Corey Clement, out 2-3 weeks with a shoulder injury

DT Timmy Jernigan, out 4-6 weeks with a foot injury

TE Dallas Goedert did not play vs. the Falcons with a calf strain

Backup QB Nate Sudfield has a broken wrist

QB Carson Wentz will play vs. the Lions but took several big hits already this season and has a troubling history of injuries

Two primary defensive starters, DT Fletcher Cox and DE Derek Barnett, have both been fixtures on the injury list this season, though they have played and will suit up vs. the Lions.

The Eagles opted for a walkthrough on Wednesday instead of a formal practice. As such, they will not produce an official injury/participation report until Thursday.

Smart move. They did do a walk thru, so not fully canceled.

Anybody know how much their starters played in the preseason or in camp? They have a lot of guys out with strains. I wonder if they were limited and the sudden increase in reps has caused these soft tissue injuries.

I love our DC response to all these injuries… unless it’s a career ending injury we are preparing for every starter to be there. If you don’t prepare for that then you only set yourself up for trouble.
In other words he expects to have to play our best. Nothing is given to you in under nfl

1 Like

Is “Lions luck” somehow changing? How many years have our division rivals faced teams with lots of injuries and at the time we play them they’re healthy?

This is always a factor in how division titles are won or lost. Lions have to take advantage.

We REALLY need to get a W Sunday

1 Like

I even remember some bad breaks we got in terms of suspensions. In those instances the guy is supposed to be suspended for our game and play against our division rivals, but instead end up playing against us and suspended vs them.