Eagles claim Kerryon Johnson

The #Eagles claimed former #Lions RB Kerryon Johnson off waivers, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) May 7, 2021

oh boy dunk GIF

They sure like our players… Tate and now Johnson… and there were others weren’t there?

Anyway, they can have him. I hope he can make it through a full season for them.

They traded for Slay and picked up Fulgham and Jason Huntley when we cut them.

3 Likes

Thank you! I knew there were more, I can’t believe I forgot those guys.

Also don’t forget Cre’von Leblanc who I think bounced back and forth between the lions and Eagles a couple times

didn’t they take Ty Johnson too?

Pretty scary when you are going after Detroit Lions players. But good for Kerryon, he seems like a good dude.

I thought Johnson ended up with the Jets? Could be wrong though.

Same. :wink:
It seems to be my way, when I"m in here.

No matter what they did win a super bowl with a back up QB

1 Like

That’s why it was a classy move to let KJ go now. He has a chance to spend the entire camp with a team and earn significant playing time.

1 Like

Yup. Good for him. I didn’t think he’d get picked up. Hope he does well for them.

Does that create any more cap space for the Lions?

The Eagles must have invented a new position called “Blocking 3rd Down Running Back” ha ha

In reality, KJ will be fighting to make the roster, just like he would have been in Detroit. My advice to him is the same as when he was a Lion, take off the knee brace and let it rip young man.

He’s either done with football or just maybe still got a bit of juice in that repaired knee. He will never know unless he takes off that massive o-lineman knee brace he’s been running with.

1 Like

Having a best friend that’s an Eagles fan, that’s all really fun.

1 Like

2 Likes

I wonder which team claimed his knee brace

1 Like

Jets

1 Like

good for him .

Noticed Jacksonville, with Darrell Bevell as OC, didn’t put in a claim.

1 Like