Eagles Close To Trading Wentz

That would actually hurt our trade down chances a lot. Everyone would be trying to jump Philly instead of Carolina.

You don’t think they’ll roll with Hurts.

I don’t, no.

I find this report especially pleasing:

4 Likes

Trubiski, Foles and now Wentz? I like the try in Wentz but I wouldn’t want him as a free agent let alone a big trade like that. I hope the Bears pull the trigger!

Given the Lions rebuild it’s too bad Detroit seems to have committed to keeping Goff. Get two more FRP’s for Goff if Wentz can get that.

I think if Holmes gets the right offer he would move Goff it’s not likely but who knows.

I listened to my gardener when he gave me a quote for $11,000. I paid someone else $3,000 to get the job done.

2 Likes

I look forward to the Bears Wentzing the bed

Oh I hope the Bears pull that trigger and pay a steeper price that the Rams.

1 Like

So my best friend is an Eagles fan and so I’ve paid a bit of attention to all of the Eagles moves this offseason because I hear from him all the time about them, and I’ve got to say, this is suprising.

It felt like every move they made was to try and keep Wentz. Firing Pederson who allegedly wanted Hurts, and hiring Frank Reich’s right hand man as their HC. Everything they said and did led me to think they were keeping Wentz.

And now they aren’t.

Hurts is a great QB and will do just fine there. I doubt they take a QB at 6. Really doubt that actually.

And if the Bears want to give up 2 1sts for him then that’s great, go ahead. We’ll have 5 1sts over the next 3 years and the Bears will have 1.

But yeah, if Wentz can generate 2 1sts after all the Eagles did to say they were keeping him, than Goff definitely isn’t a lock to be on the roster this fall by any means.

Huh? I mean I think he can be solid in a college leaning offense but “great”?

1 Like

Wow, could you imagine 4 first round picks and a third for Stafford. Goff is hands down better than Wentz.

On the other hand its nice to be set at qb and not have to play the crapshoot in the draft.

He’s hands down better than ‘20 Wentz. They’re otherwise close to the same caliber of QB although quite different stylistically.

Although Wentz is clearly more broken than Goff currently I do believe that both can be fixed.

1 Like

Ok. He may not be “great” yet, but I think he has all the ability to be one. My bad, I should’ve clarified.

I have doubts that he’ll ever throw the ball well enough to be great

2 Likes

Would you trade Wentz for Goff straight up. I sure the hell wouldn’t.

He was absolutely horrible last year. Hurtz looked great compared to him. Not only that but he is very injury prone.

Right if you’re gonna be a bad passer, you better be a Lamar Jackson level athlete to make up for it. Hurts is moderately athletic, but nowhere near Jackson’s level.

1 Like

I would love to see Chicago make a bad trade for him. Their window is going to start closing. With how much they owe foles and then wentz they would have to start making sacrifices with other good players.

Please pull the trigger Chicago! Wentz would be another QB in Chi-Town that would come in with alot of hope and I believe fail. I think he’s injury prone and not that great. I’d much rather have Chicago get Wentz over Watson.