Erin gets off with a slap on the wrist over mess

Here’s the full video. He taunted no one and the ref hip checked him.

1 Like

Uh…excuse me…he had really fierce eye contact with the steelers bench. he’s lucky they just didn’t forfeit the game for the steelers right there.

4 Likes

I mean you literally look at the Steelers and get a penalty. You would think they were the Packers or something.

2 Likes

I read his lips… he looked at the sideline and said…

“I fart in your general direction”

6 Likes

lol awesome!

It’s tragic, because the only thing we should be talking about is that sweet spin jump crescent kick Marsh used as a sack celebration.

2 Likes

Delete

The taunting call was weak, because the rule sucks. But by the letter of the rule, that could be considered taunting. And I’ll stand by my statement that all I see in regards to the “hip check” is an old guy trying to get a flag out of his waistband. The video you posted doesn’t show a great angle of the “hip check”. This one’s better, even if the guy who posted it thinks it “proves” something:

Frankly, he should be complaining about the taunting call (a justifiable complaint) than some incidental contact from a guy he probably outweighs by 60 lbs. That said, you can see from the video in your post that his own coach laid into him once he got to the sideline, so clearly he though Marsh crossed the line.

1 Like

I feel same way

1 Like

Watch the other players on the sideline around #59 when the coach is yelling at him, they know it was all BS, go back and watch the players reactions. And listen to the play by play broadcasters as well. That was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

The video posted is a better fit when envisioning Goodell as the Frenchman in the tower.

1 Like

The part that bothers me about it is its not enforced the same way for every team in every situation. In a situation like that a Packers player can do the exact same thing and the ref will show discretion for the situation on top of everything else. Like the the time McCarthy threw the red challenge flag on an unchallengeable play right after Schwartz did it. The Packers were allowed to pick it back up. Gee - imagine that. And in a league where the most obvious pass interference calls were not overturned on replay so that the league and refs could prove a point…the same league used that rule to call a ticky tack call to take a touchdown off the board against the Packers. Let me repeat. With all of the defensive pass interference calls that were blatantly ignored on replay, the Packers had the league buzz in and call an OFFENSIVE pass interference. WTF?

5 Likes

For sure, it’s becoming more and more obvious the past few years that these refs are deciding games on purpose. All in the name of $$$, this is why I don’t bet on the NFL. It’s rigged. The NBA already had their ref scandal, time to expose some of these NFL refs.

1 Like

A majority of the money in Vegas was on the Rams, even after they manipulated the line. It tends to be a sure sign the other team is going to win.

2 Likes

So true Wes! Very depressing to think about as a Lions fan because even if we ever had a legit super bowl contender, I doubt we’d get a fair shot in the playoffs as we have seen previously. The Fords need to start bribing everyone possible. lol

If the refs throw a holding call on either the Ravens or Vikes in the last 30 seconds of the games this year, we have already won 2 games this year. That’s how much power the zebras have, they can decide any game they want.

1 Like

My bad

I’ll do it too

Delete

1 Like

Good luck with that. A good start is to just state your opinion and not keep constantly mentioning the other part. Just a thought.

NB4THELOCK

1 Like

Firstly apologize for being off topic but since it was brought up…

I never, ever want to side with the Bears on anything. EVER. ****************************** them. But that was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. Which - sadly being a Lions fan - is a long list. But this call is on it.

As for the topic at hand… just blah. Like I don’t even have anything for this discussion. ************************ the Packers too.

Again, hate both teams. ******************** both teams. But one team got hosed and the other got winked at.