Everson Griffen wants to return to Vikings over Lions

Can you really blame him?

But wasn’t he all butt-hurt about Zimmer not calling him a great player or something to that effect?

2 Likes

gallery-1458221273-ht-sam-griner-then-02-jef-150413-16x9-992

“I’ll miss you Everson, just like I miss that steamer I dropped in my diapers an hour ago. If you want some, come and get it!.”

Cynodon

5 Likes

Everson actually got some pressure on QB’s. He was arguably the lions best defender in the 7 games he played.

From mlive… “Griffen has 16 sacks in 16 games in his career vs the Lions, including 28 quarterback hits”

I’m sure he’d love to rejoin the Vikes and continue sacking Stafford, haha.

Ditto

He probably wants to retire where he started his NFL career.

1 Like

Tough sell to convince a good vet player to sign onto a rebuild. Keep in mind of course, that he’s getting asked about this now, when the front office is in disarray and there’s no clear direction forward. Poll vets in a month or two, if we get a legit GM and coach in here, and guys may feel differently.

2 Likes

This year must’ve been a total cluster jam for him. I can’t imagine why he would favor Detroit versus anyone else willing to pay.

Maybe we should put him on layaway?

Odd. That team didn’t want you and other team traded for you. I know we suck but Minny didn’t WANT YOU!!!

It’s early… I mean we’re only 1 week in… but that’s Post of the Year material there.

1 Like

I’m going with man law here.

Date crazy, don’t marry it.

4 Likes

This is 100% click bait. That’s not even close to what he said.

Go read his Twitter account. He was asked if he’d come back to Min by fans and he replied if you want it then come get it. Meaning offer me up the best contract offer.

No where did he say he wanted to return to Min or that he preferred Minny over DET. Make no mistake he’s going to the highest bidder. Just like every player in his position will do.

2 Likes

I agree with your last paragraph.

But his instagram had at least 30-40 fan posts that he reposted asking him to come back to Minnesota. Now that could just be a ploy to get the Vikings to pony back up, but considering they didn’t want to resign him last year, not sure Spielman is gonna want to bring back an aging DE.