Ex-Lions coach Matt Patricia confirms new offensive-line role with the Patriots

Is the Detroit News really that desparate? Didnt read past the first paragraph. No offense to the OP, but yawn…

Its like, remember the time when the anesthesia didn’ t take effect until after the colonoscphy was performed? Yeah, good times…

2 Likes

Yes… they all are. There’s nothing to talk about until minicamps and then finally training camp… I am super excited for our preseason games this year!!!

Also, Patricia hasn’t coached OL since 2005? Interesting place to put him, after they allowed him to collect money from Detroit by being an “advisor” for a year. Advisor on what, pizza toppings???

Ok sorry that last line was inappropriate. And I love pizza. But screw that guy. Sorry not sorry :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Have you been to the Detroit News website lately. Good lord have they gone to crap.

Living outside of Michigan I used to frequent the Detroit News website all the time to get news on the State and Detroit Sports.

Now when you go there 75% of their articles are for subscriber only and the pop up begging you to become a subscriber is pretty annoying.

It seems to me that they are biting off their nose in spite of their face. I go to their website much less than i used to because of their new subsciber policy. So what’s better, losing clicks because folks are annoyed over their subscriber effort or just go back to ad based revenue and get more clicks.

Ive never ran a website, so i dont know what’s the best way to run things, but personally, when a website starts begging for subscriptions and denying me content because im not a subscriber they will likely lose my business.

EDIT: I’m on a rant, so thought I’d add something related to this. I used to go to Pizza Hut all the time. It was a family favorite. Man, they used to load those Meat Lovers and Supreme up with toppings.

Then about 6 years ago, or so, i noticed they started to really cut back on the toppings. After a few times of getting shit pizza with skimpy toppings i just quit going there.

To me they made a conscious decision to save money by cutting back on the toppings.

So they are saving money on toppings, but lose me as a customer.

Sometimes i just dont understand some of these business decisions. How is it ever good to lose a customer.

4 Likes

Funny you say that… I used to check Detroit news and the free press every day… now I’ll click on links but if it’s subscribers only I don’t bother.

I feel bad for my dad, he’s 82, 83 (who’s counting?) but he used to always buy a newspaper… then he started reading it online. He still checks them every day but he doesn’t do the online subscription thing. And I think I’m his mind, he’s kind of thinking “if I can’t read it, it’s probably nothing earth shattering anyway, so who cares.” Which is definitely the conclusion I’ve come to (yes I may be a projecting a bit but I do think that’s what he thinks a lot of the time).

Anyway, point being, I get newspapers need to make money, and I used to live by reading all the columnists and beat writers in the paper and it was always available to me because my dad bought a newspaper. When it became available for free online, perfect! But now I have to pay when I got it for free… I dunno. Sorry going on a tangent here…

My point is, looking back, as much as I loved reading mike O’Hara when he was with the news, drew sharp, Terry foster… I look back and think, “if my dad didn’t buy a paper, would I pay to read any of that?” I don’t know what the answer is because I can’t answer for my 12 year old self… at the time I’d probably say yes, but today I would say no. The only person I still enjoy reading and actually would pay to read is Wojo, I’m a fan of his. And Pat Caputo.

Outside of that… I loved when Justin Rogers and Kyle meinke were both on mlive. Still appreciate their writing, but I’m not gonna pay to read it either, which is a shitty thing to say because they do good work. Although, I think Kyle meinke gets it in a way and you can often get his “subscriber only” articles for free if you click on his Twitter link or just Google search the article.

I’m not surprised that Patricia would bring the clicks. You know 90% of them just want to make a fat joke.

I’d imagine BB wouldn’t let him advise on something as important as pizza toppings. That’s an insult to good pizza.

1 Like

I consider “Matt Patricia” to be an offensive line…

the hangover car GIF

4 Likes

Post of the day hahaha

2 Likes

Yeah his job title says “offensive line” or, “in charge of pizza toppings” but in reality, he’s just placing the order and sending someone else out to get it. So they don’t have to pay a delivery tip.

1 Like

Matt,

Im gonna need you to, ahhhh move your desk down into the basement…yeahhhh…weve got some…ahh…renovations and we really need the room…so if you could…ahhh…just take all your things and get on that freight eleveator and hit B…yahhh, thanks buddy…dont forget those cover sheets on the TPS reports…

dj hands GIF

2 Likes

Josh McDaniels took half the Offense coaches with him…. Who’s left?

Have you seen Matt’s stapler!?

office space stapler GIF

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.