Fan Bars Far From Detroit

So, is it it too soon to feel optimistic about this team? So optimistic that I wonder if I should try to start looking under rocks and kicking the bushes for fellow Lions fans here in Baltimore and find a bar to gather in to watch games? Though finding a bar willing to show Lions games may be even harder. Anyone got success stories on starting Lions fan connections and meetups in your town, far from the Motor City?

1 Like

You will find one that plays the game, there are some SUPER-COOL ones. One of my fav sports bars was called SRO in Houston. They set it up so that every team was on a huge screen, and every other game was on smaller screens around the perimeter of the big screen.

They’ll at the very least have bars that have NFL package, but you may have to watch without volume.

We’ll get at least 3 primetime games next year too

1 Like

Half of Detroit moved to Houston 40+ years ago. That doesn’t surprise me in the least. Two of my brothers stayed. Once is still there. The other moved to Magnolia.
I was there for a year and a half. When I first got there, every time I went to Roxy’s or Cardis or Struts or the Limit, I would run into someone I knew.
Damn Yankees were the biggest minority for a while.:rofl:

The other half moved to Dallas 20 years later lol

2 Likes

Lived in Baltimore for 4 years and in dc for 8….there is a lions bar in Dc but none in Baltimore……

@BigNatty we are getting at least 5 primetime not counting T-day. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::disguised_face::disguised_face::disguised_face::disguised_face:
Happy Knock Out GIF by UFC

I think Buffalo wild wings has a screen for every game.

2 Likes

Good point. The big bars with the NFL Ticket would most-likely have our games but unless we’re playing the home team, silence. But it is better than what I have been doing which is watching the stats board on NFL Game Central or whatever it’s called.

1 Like

I’m not a BWW fan but beggars can’t be choosers, right?:wink:

1 Like

I thought about heading down to DC, but was hoping I could find or start something up in MobTown.

Your best chance is like a green turtle or Buffalo Wild Wings in white marsh.

I lived in York County PA but worked in White Marsh and up in the Bel Air area for 30 years. Good luck finding one that will change the Philly and/or Ravens game over to the Lions. Most likely won’t happen and if they have multiple TV’s running typically it’s on the other pseudo local games (Jets, Giants, Steelers, etc…). York PA area was a collection of Ravens, Steelers, and Philly fans.

I wish Winnipeg fan was here! I ended up on my Harley up there and he decided to let me hang with him at his house for a game!! International fans baby!!

3 Likes

And welcome!!

1 Like

Thanks!

What are some favorite sports bars to watch the game in metro detroit?

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.