Fellas, the Rams fans LOL

Figured ya’ll might get a chuckle out of this……poor poor Rams fans.

All lions fans be like:

Watch This GIF by Apple TV

6 Likes

They genuinely don’t get it.

Like the dude who said he’d rather be a Lions fan than a Rams fan because “at least you guys have a future.”

It kills me.

6 Likes

Utter ridiculousness.

I can say, I’m proud of our guys now tough. I love how much honor there is.
I’ll be showing up in a Dan Campbell Lions Jersey with a Brad Holmes haircut!
Love how our ownership hires and treats minorities…but I think it’s just the way they treat humans, actually (I can’t even believe it’s an issue, these days).

Just generally proud of my Lions right now.
Can’t wait to see them start whipping ass.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of stupid in this world, more in some places than others…

4 Likes

Well there is stupid for sure, but on their boards, they are overwhelming glad for the trade. Even those who hated it have come around and said they were wrong .

2 Likes

Lions fans don’t get it either. Afraid to spend money on talent or to trade away “ magic beans “ for impact players. We as a fan base don’t want to see the organization make bold moves to try and win. We are content in the world of make believe that we have a future because we have draft picks and cap space.

It’s the same logic some people here use. Stafford can only win with a All star team. The fact is the Lions are the bottom of the barrel so good teams look like the 89 49ers in their eyes.

3 Likes

I’d sell my soul to have one shot at a Superbowl and no future.

3 Likes

The NFL has a hard salary cap. The idea we should trade away picks for veterans is crazy. The best player on the Rams is Donald. He’s the guy who made the Rams appealing to Stafford, OBJ, and Miller. And he was drafted.

1 Like

Like we drafted Suh, CJ, and Stafford?

No one is saying build your entire team around trading picks for vets, the Rams themselves are among the league leaders in percent of roster taken up by players they drafted.

But once you have a base of talent under contract that makes you a contender paired with a good coach, ■■■■ them picks

1 Like

No one understands what’s it’s like to be a lions fan. No one.

4 Likes

This stand alone quote could be a response to sooooo many things. LOL

1 Like

It’s all about perspective. What we consider to be the Golden Era of Lions football which was the 90s that garnered one playoff win and a.500 record would be considered a failure for most franchises.

I must be cursed because I’m also an Edmonton Oilers fan (for some unexplained reason) and became a fan AFTER their Glory Years of the 80s and 1990. In my 25+ years of fandom, I’ve witnessed just 4 playoff series wins and a Decade of Darkness (as we call it on the Oilers board) which in a 10 year period from the late 00s to late 2010s, they didn’t finish higher than 24th in the league, ended up 4 1st overall picks and the other years were all bottom 5 finishes. That puts the incompetency of the Millen Era to shame. Even to this day, they have the best player on the planet in Connor McDavid and another elite player and in their 7 years have won just two playoff series and are still struggling to push above the playoff bubble this season.

What’s worse than being a Lions and Oilers fan in all of sports? Buffalo Sabres maybe? Can’t say Bengals or Browns fan anymore.
I must be a masochist to stick with these sorry franchises.

The only reason that works is because they have a great front office that keeps nailing picks in the lower rounds of the draft.

You sound like that’s an issue

That’s freaking awesome
With Holmes here we should enjoy some of that late round success!!
Wouldn’t that be like … GREAT!!!

1 Like

It’s not an issue if you have a great gm like the rams. Hopefully we have that guy. I was alluding to the fact the lions haven’t had a gm good enough to pull that off.

2 Likes

Pittsburgh pirates perhaps?

Holmes was part of that late round draft success
Maybe a huge part of it …

2 Likes

this

2 Likes

I sure hope so. He’s done really well so far. Especially finding undrafted talent. I’m excited for our future.

2 Likes