Fields possibly out for the season?

Over the past several weeks, arguably no NFL quarterback has had more on his shoulders than Justin Fields. Ironically, the Bears quarterback has suffered a shoulder injury that has resulted in coach Matt Eberflus has labeling him as day-to-day. However, Eberflus also did not rule out the possibility of the injury being season-ending, per ESPN.

Either way, the team will have to provide more information Wednesday, when the first injury report of Week 12 will come out.

2 Likes

I saw this coming based on the way he played last week. These kinds of QBs never last unless you are special.

8 Likes

The Bears are likely going bean hunting down the stretch. They got a tough schedule left with games with powerhouse teams like the Eagles, Bills, Lions! haha

4 Likes

What a shock!!! A non-throwing, run 1st QB doesn’t last long in the NFL??? Who knew???

9 Likes

Sooooo, their losses will go from exciting to boring now???

#MeetTheNewBossSameAsTheOldBoss

6 Likes

Get this man some damn help.

We better hope they don’t out-tank the Rams.

5 Likes

Most designed runs in a game since 2016…… I can’t believe he some how got injured!!!

2 Likes

That was my thought too. Race to the bottom that LA needs to win.

3 Likes

Should the Rams and Bears tie with their records, the Rams will win the tiebreaker with SOS.

5 Likes

True.

A win at home on January 8 over the Vikings would be nice, but even if the injury is not season-ending, I doubt Fields is going to survive that long. That being said, they have an experienced backup in Trevor Siemian, who has 29 career starts and would presumably want to perform well because he’s a UFA after this season.

Bears fans after hearing about Fields…Time to cut back on the polish sausage!

chris farley GIF

5 Likes

Who are they tanking for?

When they treated him like a pocket passer… he sucked and went 2-8 with a 73 QB Rating…
When they treated him like a 1990’s Air Force Trip Option QB/RB… he is 3-8 with an 86 QB Rating…

A new QB? Joking- kind of…

A WR that high? A reach for a LT? W Anderson maybe who would face triple teams on every play on that D?

4 Likes

Damn! I really thought Chicago would finally develop a QB.

6 Likes

Yes - and it interferes with our bean strategies

We’ve all.been saying this for weeks. It was only a matter of time.
You can’t run that gimmicky college shit in the NFL and expect your QB to stay healthy.

10 Likes

That’s what the Bears do! Traded two 1st rounders for Cutler. Traded up to draft Mitch. Traded up to draft Fields… Traded for Nick Foles. Time to tank for a new QB and move Fields to WR.

Fun Fact: The Chicago Bears are the only team in NFL history to never have a QB throw for over 4,000 yards

4 Likes

It’s not entirely wrong… lol-

No QB has ever won a SB while running for more than 600 yards, nor taking more than 100 rushing attempts…

• IN FACT THE 3 MOST PROLIFIC DUAL THREAT QBs TO EVER “WIN SBs” ARE - Russ, Erin, and Steve Young… If you combine the SB years of all 3???

All 3 guys combined for 218 carries for 1,134 yards and 12 TDs…

Fields was on pace for 189 carries for 1,288 yards and 11 TDs (though those averages were climbing!)

3 Likes

That’s quite interesting. If the nfl season was shorter, a run 1st QB would make more sense. But they are up to 17 games, soon to be 18 games schedules. Plus if you make the playoffs, that is a shit ton of hits for a QB to be taking over the course of 17-20 games. There is a reason teams rotate 3-4 running backs. I’m pretty sure that’s the main reason the Ravens haven’t paid Jackson yet.

4 Likes

Mitch is the funniest one to me. They traded up to make sure that they didn’t have to settle for Patrick Mahomes or DeShaun Watson. And that’s after they dropped money to sign Mike Glennon.

8 Likes

Haha love that!

albert einstein GIF

2 Likes