'Fins give DB Mincah Fitzpatrick permission to seek trade

1 Like

Can he play Left Tackle?

4 Likes

You know it is bad when guys want to leave Miami.

1 Like

He’s a really good young player but I like our secondary. I think he’s probably best in the slot but we spent so much on Coleman. He could be our #2 but I think Melvin (provided good health) can be solid this year and bridge to Oruwariye. It sounds like it would take at least a two and I’m not sure that there aren’t better uses for that draft capital.

1 Like

Can he return kicks?

2 Likes

Melvin is a bandaid to get us to Oruwariye starting, I agree…theortetically. Oruwariye has high ceiling, but so far, still too raw, IMO. When I watch Melvin, I say to myself, “he’s better than Lawson…He’s better than Lawson…don’t get pissed.” When Melvin ran into the photographer and instead of jogging to the sideline, he hopped in place and cost us a timeout. Really looked like he was hurt, not injured (big difference). That timeout could have made a big difference in that game.

I’m hoping for massive improvement from Daniels and Flowers, this week, which will take a ton of heat off of the CBs and Safeties. I like the idea of a great #2, and am not sold on Oriwariye yet, but I think we’d be better off spending our money on fixing the OL, extending Daniels and/or Robinson.

Can he handle clock management responsibilities?

3 Likes

I don’t think Quinn would give up a 2d Rd pick to a slot CB who has indicated he wants a trade away from his former compadres with the Patriots (Flores & company).

1 Like

LOL Right on

1 Like

I don’t either. I think need vs salary cap implications dont add up either. If Oyourworried works out, his value greatly decreases, anyway. I’d be surprised if Quinn didn’t believe in his own guy.

If we bandaid, let us bandaid the OL.

1 Like

Looks like we have about $18m in cap space, but, Slays new deal isn’t done, and we need a OT.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call Minkah a “slot CB,” I would simply call him a defensive back. He can play all over the field, and does. He started as a nickel at Alabama, but became a star when he moved to safety. He’s the exact kind of guy you want in your defense if you play alot of man but also want to mix up and disguise your coverages.

If the Dolphins trade Minkah, they should officially go ahead and refund the season ticket holders because its clear they are tanking on purpose.

2 Likes

This article contains the basis for my comments:

He’s clearly not happy being used as a strong safety.

1 Like

I think he’s best in the slot. He’s certainly versatile but I think he’s more league average starter on the outside or at free safety. He can be elite in the slot. I really like him as a player and Patricia would surely value his versatility but I think we’re solid in the secondary

2 Likes

Does he have head coaching experience?

7 Likes

Dude can play anywhere in the secondary at a high level, and DBs are notoriously injury prone. And the Phins are on the hook for 2/3 of his rookie deal. They run the same D! Plug and play.

I don’t know what you guys are smoking, but if I was Quinn, I’d offer a 2nd in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Sorry Reddie, but I wouldn’t use a 2nd on a DB when they need an OT so much more.

1 Like

We don’t know who Decker really is in 2019, he appears injured now and may bounce back nicely. If not we can always get him some TE/scheme help this year and then draft his replacement in the 1st next year. Heck, I’d trade for Trent Williams too. Plug Decker in at RG or move Wagner to RG and Decker to RT, even better.

Fitzpatrick can play slot and boundary CB and safety. I’d make him CB2

Those two guys vs a bunch of lottery tickets? Sign me up and lets go win a playoff game.

1 Like

Some tidbits:

In this instance I believe the Lions should absolutely Be contacting the Dolphins and Try to Make a Deal. Versatile High character a lot of upside.

1 Like