First Lions mistake getting rid of Mike ford

**He had a better **Madden NFL 22
PLAYER RATINGS then many of their players the lions kept including the 3rd pick Ifeatu Melifonwu.In the end, the Lions opted for youth, keeping Price and Jacobs on the roster, and placing Ford on the waiver wire. They should have cut undrafted rooking Jacobs instead.We now have no experience CB’s

1 Like

Oh boy

Well, shit, debate over. Can’t argue with that logic.

3 Likes

Green Bay will torch the lions secondary for 400 yards as our inexperience CB.s play 10 yards back all game long like in SF .when SF threw a pass they were wide open by 5 yards all game long .The lions need to play the Tampa 2 defence.Lions will have to score 40-50 points to win any game.

Stafford’s overall went up 4 points for getting traded.

5 Likes

Why does it seem to not matter who is playing or what the scheme is? Ever since 2014-2015 this always seems to be the case. (Opposing team throws for over 400 yards and has a party playing against our secondary)

:thinking:

If Madden says it then it must be true!

Tampa 2 is what N.Orleans used to defeat Rodgers.

I thought we signed Daryl Worley?

Just forfeit it ……

team signed Daryl Worley to the practice squad.

I know you will get flak for that madden commit but I agree. Ford looked good during the preseason, Okudha was injury prone last year. It made sense to keep Ford.

1 Like

Hindsight is 20/20.
How do we fix it?

You can’t fix it, Denver pick him up.

They liked Price, Parker and Jacobs better, so next man up and we’ll see how it goes. I thought he was good enough to keep but who knows. I think our #2 spot looks a little Iffy, but…

3 Likes

Its amazing that teams bother with front offices when they could just sign players based off their Madden ratings.

2 Likes

Fozzie Bear Muppets GIF

5 Likes

Gonna find out Iffy is ready sooner than than later… :sunglasses:

1 Like

I remember the glorious days when Detroit played the Tampa 2 defense man wasn’t that great under a rod marinelli when they went oh and they went oh and 16

Plus I’m sure we totally have the personnel to play completely different defensive scheme at the drop of a hat.

The only way this defense is not gonna get beat badly through the air this entire season as if the NFL adopts just for the lions the NHL concept of the power play

3 Likes

An Iffy Cornerback, a Holden Offensive Tackle … ‘21 is shaping up to be an on brand Lions season.

4 Likes