First Official Den March Madness Bracket

It was all Sister Jean.

Illinois never had a prayer.

Goodbye IOWA, you REALLY got punked…

1 Like

If Michigan gets drop kicked tonight, that does not reflect well on the Big Ten—as much as I think this season has an asterisk next to it.

(And no, I refuse to take any NCAA season seriously in which Duke isn’t in the tournament. And don’t give me any shit about ‘All programs had to abide by the same COVID protocols.’ That isn’t reality).

We need B1G games to stop being street fights that aren’t allowed in March, and need to step up the defensive emphasis. Offensive teams like Iowa and Ohio State - out.

Like I said BIG is so overrated. Can’t believe the experts on this board thought it was really great.

As I currently type this, the most the ACC can have in the Sweet 16 is… 2. The most the BIG 12 can have is…2. The most the SEC can have is…3. The most the BIG can have is…2.

Perhaps it is just a wild year, with the only Power 5 conference overperforming being the PAC12.

Have I’ve not said that?

You are insinuating that the BIG wasn’t a great conference this year. They were the best conference in the regular season by every objective measure.

The tournament is an entirely different animal. If you are saying the BIG is a bad tournament conference, then you have decades of evidence to back that up, I can’t argue.

If you are saying the tournament is the best way to measure a conference’s ‘greatness,’ than that is where I think we differ.

Yes I am. And by the way it’s showing. I think there’s only two great teams this year and one is Illinois and the other is UofM. Osu is good other then that it’s average.

I think Iowa was pretty great this year as well. OSU, Purdue and Wisconsin were good. Michigan State, Maryland and Rutgers were okay to above average at times.

So yes, 2-3 great teams this year. The thing is, no other league had more than a couple great teams and not as many good teams. It’s all relative. I still think top to bottom, BIG was a pretty great conference, and the best conference in the NCAA.

But then again, I’m no expert.

Iowa was overrated as hell, take away Garza, who most teams couldn’t even tickle him with a feather with a whistle are average. College bball is average this year, look at all the upsets. Most years maryland, msu and Rutgers don’t get in.

Regular season, B1G ruled and the Pac12 sucked. Tourney time, the roles reversed. Go figure…

Two best conf in regular season down to one team in the Tourny.
Conf considered weak leads the way.

Love this tweet!

" Meanwhile in Champaign, Illinois is claiming Michigan’s Sweet 16 berth. "

1 Like

Can I brag for being in 1st right now? Before everyone passes me?

2 Likes

Haha sure. Brag away, you got me beat.

ahem…Tied for first. :wink:

Iowa epically screwed me and my bracket. Illinois didn’t help either.

But the team no one seems to be picking in any of my pools, Baylor, is still alive!!