Foles released by Bears

Don’t lie and tell me Boyle is a quality backup.

He’s not.

Sign Foles, Brad.

7 Likes

We should sign him. We need a better back up qb

3 Likes

Foles is better than Baker.

He might be better thannnnn…nah, can’t do it.

My trolling is far more esoteric.

Plus I’m out of practice…my pre-Mod days though…oh yeah. Total toolshed.

7 Likes

Super bowl winning QBs being cut… by the bears of all teams… sounds like there’s a lot of smart guys in a lot of rooms.

I’ll be very happy when our revamped D line completely demoralizes and destroys Fields’ career. Nothing against Fields, everything against the bears.

3 Likes

LOL - fantastic. And by my best estimate…Not as far from “truth” as many here would suppose. (just my best estimate, not claiming to be an expert estimator)

1 Like

LOL - How many SB QBs do we need? Just got rid of Stafford. Just Brough on goff, and now Foles? We’re stacking SB QBs, my bros!

My gawd would Foles ever be an upgrade over Blough…

2 Likes

Hahaha good point!

Although I have a soft spot for Blough, I don’t know why… but I think he’s a smart guy who tries really hard, and when stafford went down in that shit show of a final year of the previous regime I liked the moxie he had and he made some good throws… along with some bad ones…

I guess I kind of see him as a potentially decent backup who could come in and surprise for a game or two if needed and then the rest of the time is just a great asset to the starter.

5 Likes

I would prefer a developmental guy to a veteran guy because I really don’t want to give Goff another contract unless he really steps his game up. But yeah, Foles just might save your season if Goff gets injured. I thought the value on QBs this year was fantastic. So my view is different than others. Average QB class but undervalued because of last year’s flops.

1 Like

Yepper! Pay that man!
We haven’t had a good QB controversy in going on 20 years.:rofl:
But seriously, it never hurts to push. It brings out the competitor.

1 Like

I do too. I like the idea of a long term backup, instead of switching them out all the time.
I agree w/what you say about Foles possibly saving the season if Goff gets injured too. Blough is so bad that I almost think they’re saying “■■■■ it, if the starter goes down, we’ll pick higher in the draft this year.”

I see this too. While you probably value them a tad more than I do, it’s the same principle to a lesser degree. I think Howell can do it. I think Willis can do it. They need time though, especially in the case of Willis.

2 Likes

LOL - I couldn’t tell if Ware vs Pete was a QB controversy or a dumb and dumber contest?
They should have gotten rid of both Heisman QBs and kept Kramer…then spent the money on buying Barry an OL.

3 Likes

I was thinking Orlovsky v Culpeper.

1 Like

Moonball Garcia vs Joey Blueskies

5 Likes

Kitna v Joey
Batch v Case

2 Likes

OMG…So thankful I can actually have a sense of humor over it.
Gagliano
Hipple
Danielson
Dudes nobody’s ever heard of, unless you are a hardcore lions fan. Obscure names that nobody in the sports world would remember…

Oh! Oh! Oh!
Ty Detmer v Mike McMahon

3 Likes

Goff is a Super Star.
I remember what “sucks” means!

2 Likes

I think Goff is a good QB, I just don’t want our guys to judge him based on “Lions fans” standards. In other words, if he wins a playoff game, build a statue…he IS GOING TO wi playoff games, and that is no longer good enough.

1 Like

Unlike many other times that Foles was available . . . I wouldn’t hate signing him.

Problem, we guaranteed $1M of Boyle’s salary. They like him or more likely, he has some dirt on someone.

4 Likes

I like Foles… going to be to pricey for a back up. Wonder where he ends up?