Foles released by Bears

We could’ve gotten Minshew for a 6th round pick last year. Minshew is probably the best backup in the league. We need to find another Minshew.

Also I’d definitely have taken Minshew over Trinity Benson.

However if we think we’d be competitive next year Foles is one of the best backups in the league and I’d take him over Boyle or Blough if he can be had cheaply.

I think he goes to Seattle though.

3 Likes

I didn’t understand WHY they did that!!!

It’s not like any other team was eager to write David Blough a check…

3 Likes

I’m betting Agnew & Holmes don’t have fond memories of Foles.

Foles cap hit was over $10 million, so even though they have $7.6 million in dead cap they save $3 million. I’ve speculated that Baker could end up in SF because the 49ers can save $25 million by cutting Jimmy G. THIS is a great opportunity for them. I think Foles will still get north of $4 million by whoever signs him, I just don’t see it happening here. We are the epitome of come here cheap and we’ll give you a chance to show us AND the rest of the NFL that you belong. An FYI, Boyle’s QBR for last season was 0.1, kinda hard to get rid of a guy who is setting records.

2 Likes

“Galloping” Gagliano, now there’s a flashback!

1 Like

Just think, if he gets it to 1.0, he’ll have improved what, 900%. That says something about this staff.

It’s early and I haven’t had my second cup of coffee to get the % correct.

1 Like

Why does it say he’s a Pos QB? dude won the SB. :wink:

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

2 Likes

A guy like Foles could save the season because when Goff is starting, he will see things on tape that can help Goff succeed. So if you hate Goff, you don’t want that in the QB room. You want Goff and the OC trying to solve every problem on their own.

Our first time ever doing it OC.

I really really think they are bringing in a vet as thr backup. Blough/Boyle is garbage.

Foles, Baker, Fitzmagic, hell, even AJ McCarron…something. Those two guys weve had have shown they are crap on a stick.

2 Likes

Based on all the reasons I’ve been told Goff is a good QB, Foles should be even better.

Pro bowl, Super Bowl winner, Super Bowl MVP. That trumps the “Goff led team to super bowl” card, right? Let’s go get him (and then trade him for a first and third after we attach 52 mil in guarantees to him).

1 Like

Foles is the type of backup QB you have so you are not guaranteed a loss if your starter gets injured. Think Shaun Hill or Drew Stanton except Foles is better than both were. If we were certain to be in playoff contention I’d say absolutely get someone like him and I’m sure Brad and Dan would too.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong…Foles had a run that is probably better than Goff. Not a very long run at that level though.

He’s kinda like Marcus Thames or if you remember him, Rupert Jones. Bench guy who gets a limited time frame of expanded duty, that has one really good skill, who in the right circumstance, gets hot and carries a team for awhile until he gets exposed.

Buddha Edwards, Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, Jordan Poole…if you want basketball comps.

I’d be happy to have that guy.

2 Likes

I say keep Boyle as the backup. If something serious happens to Goff it not only will mean the end of Goff but we will lose almost every game with Boyle under center. Giving us a legit shot at the top QB in the draft.

For me, Boyle as the back up is win/win :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Don’t forget we have Tom Kennedy. Perfect QB rating.

The dude is legit.

3 Likes

Put Fox out there, man!

2 Likes

So you think setting us up to lose is the way to go?

Proven qb , get a good back up , hope he remain healthy

If they pick up a real back up QB it shows they are serious about winning some games this year. If they stick with current back ups then they’ve basically said “If Goff goes down, we are tanking for another high draft pick.”

1 Like

And our 6th round pick Rodriquez was a dual-threat quarterback in high school, leading his team to three state championships. Fox has some competition now with our fake punts.

2 Likes