Ford field turf

Or Snacks Harrison?

2 Likes

We sure could use a guy like Snacks up front. A motivated and in shape version that is.

1 Like

come on man ! nobody eats Twinkies anymore ■■■■ you can throw them outside for three weeks and they still not rot. some weird $##@!@@!! in Twinkies !!! , but good enough for cushion…

2 Likes

Sugar-enriched flour, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, polysorbate 60, and Yellow Dye No. 5. Just everything a growing boy needs.

2 Likes

Now do the McDonalds fries that last for like 7 years.

2 Likes

Ha Iceland. Bring them to Georgia, I get mold growing on my clothes that I don’t wear frequently after a few months.

1 Like

To your point

The nflpa is approving , I think they approve

Of moving bills game to the lions field with the dangerous turf.
Imo that weakens the nflpa position on safety.
And having a real Super Bowl contender take the additional risk of adding an extra game on the turf

Makes the safety argument seem light

Do we have alot of leg and back injuries? Sheila needs to get ahead of this field! Where is Spielman?

1 Like

The reason FF upgraded its turf is because the new turf produces far less injuries.

Turf used to have a much higher injury rate and that’s why NFL teams switched and why the NFLPA pushed so hard for the switch.

Since the switch the NFL did a study last year and found that Artificial surfaces had an incident rate of .042 per 100 in 2021, while the rate for natural surfaces was .041 per 100. Nearly the same rate.

So to conclude the new turf has just about the same amount of injuries as grass.

2 Likes

From an article where the NFL responded to the Split Film questions.

“As the NFLPA knows from the meeting of our Joint Field Surface Safety & Performance Committee earlier this month, there was no difference between the number of injuries on synthetic surfaces versus grass,” Jeff Miller, the NFL’s executive vice president of communications, public affairs and policy, said in a statement. “While slit-film surfaces, one type of synthetic material, have 2-3 more injuries per year, most of them are ankle sprains — a low-burden injury — whereas slit film also sees a lower rate of fewer high-burden ACL injuries compared to other synthetic fields. As a result, the league and NFLPA’s joint experts did not recommend any changes to surfaces at the meeting but agreed more study is needed.”

The NFL and NFLPA contract a third-party company called IQVIA to compile and analyze data on every injury during every season. Their joint Surfaces Committee uses the data to compare injuries in each of the league’s 30 stadiums.

The committee presented findings to owners during last month’s meeting in New York.

It focused on non-contact injuries, which as recently as 2019, were notably higher on artificial turf fields. The difference between the surfaces began narrowing in 2020, and last season, the numbers were nearly identical.

1 Like

I’m not sure I trust nfl studies given their track record yet the players anecdotal stories plus wanting to play on turf …
Aren’t much of a study or data to work with either.

I wonder what the actual costs are to switch it ?

They’ve made a big deal of being able to switch ford field over quickly for the bills browns game. I wonder how much that costs ?

Personally I want a field and stadium the talent is excited to play on
It does sound like the players have an opinion

I also read that teams typically switch out their turf every few years meaning lions might be coming up on needing to invest in a new field anyways.

So real good information injoyed reading post

The NFL has a joint surface committee. That committee is staffed equally with NFL and NFLPA representatives.

That committee hired a 3rd party company to do the study.

That committee determined more studies were needed to make an educated decision.

I assume that comes from pushback by the NFLPA who thinks it’s a problem but the evidence in the study doesn’t support that stance.

Turf used to be far worse than grass. That trend is changing. Some still believe it’s a problem but evidence doesn’t support that.

Some do but notice that not many are speaking up. Some also love playing on it.

The life span of turf is 10+ years. NFL teams have been upgrading them more frequently because newer and better options have come along and player safety is such a huge sticking point.

1 Like

That right there should be the end of the discussion. The teams are already studying and looking at better options every season.

Maybe doesn’t really support any stance. I’m also skeptical of nflpa but more so because even with good intentions it seems like a difficult Union to run. Young members on auto pilot mostly just excited to be in nfl and don’t even have the option to consider the playing field with large numbers of players rotating through employment over 3 years …

On the field upgrade , this could be a sign of owner differences … one willing or able to spend to upgrade field as it relates to safety and competitiveness
While an other owner waits out the ten year period.

part of a reason I liked lions was watching the games on tv and seeing the silver dome but now all I see is a hard cement field

twinkie GIF by Ghostbusters

1 Like

The Office GIF

1 Like

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

all I am saying is that with the technology now, we SHOULD be having 0 injuries due to the damn turf NFL players play on !!

Who do you trust ?

Some
Of lions best players complain about playing in it. I haven’t seen a quote from Sheila

1 Like