Former Lions' Special Teams Coach Stan Kwan Passes Away

Sad to hear. He had two stints with the Lions and I can remember some really good special teams squads during that time. Prayers for his family.

7 Likes

This sucks. Young, healthy humans dying.
Sending love to the family

4 Likes

Rest in Peace Stan. Heart attack, age 54. As I just turned 49… Hurry the heck up Lions!

9 Likes

insanity. I turned 50 in July.
Yes, I am handsome and immature…but I’m still 50!
Makes me wanna hit the gym and buy a salad.

4 Likes

Sucks - prayers for his family

1 Like

Very sad to hear. As soon as I saw this thread I thought immediately too young and also a fit guy.

RIP Stan and condolences to The Kwan Family.

2 Likes

Wow. I’m 54.

3 Likes

Wow I just turned 62

2 Likes

Yeah I turned 50 back in March. Happy half a century gents…well you’re almost there Ranger

3 Likes

RIP Stan

1 Like

Wow, he had some great teams if I remember correctly

1 Like

I met him briefly once in a Buffalo Wild Wings… my friend and I were at the dearborn one on a random Saturday or Sunday afternoon in mid to late summer, during training camp. The place was pretty much empty except I saw him sitting there with an iPad (or whatever they used in 2008/2009) and as we were walking by him to the bar I saw special teams formations… I tell my friend, “dude I think that’s Stan Kwan!” My friend (not a big football fan) “who is that?” I go, “the lions ST coordinator!”

My friend tells me, “you’re the only person I know who would recognize the Lions special teams coordinator.”

Anyway, I said hi to him and wished him good luck for the season and said go Lions I think. He smiled and said thank you. Brief but very cool quick interaction. So I’ve always had a soft spot for and been a fan of Stan Kwan.

RIP man, 54 is too young. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

5 Likes

That’s awesome.
Way too young, man.

1 Like

same, family history of MI and bro had triple bypass at 47. Fack.

I pretty much bathe in statins, fish oil, anti oxidants,CoQ10…and chili dogs.

No exercise since COVID…not good on the scale right now…gonna hit the gym, eat better and do some medical intervention stuff.

6 Likes

Get’r done, Weeze-man! We need ya bro!

1 Like

I strained my back earlier this year and missed a few months of bicycling. About 25 lbs of missed cycling. Gonna get back on the stationary this week and include a bit more warming up and cooling down routines so I don’t end up crippled again next year.

2 Likes

#FitOldGuyClub
Good stuff

2 Likes

I know you’ve seen the ads for Noom.

Pretty good program.

2 Likes

… and get a colonoscopy. Early detection and all.

Prayers to stans family

2 Likes

Don’t know what you are talking about. I’m “in my 40’s.” :sunglasses:

2 Likes