Fox our off. Player of the yr so far?!

With 13 punts for the season, Fox is booming punts for an average of 53.1 yards, and returners have only gained 6 yards off his punts.

2 Likes

He has been tremendous. Prater said that Fox lived at his house this summer.

2 Likes

Martin who…?

3 Likes

That is awesome!

1 Like

Punting is a curiously underrated aspect of the game. The impact can be huge. And yet this guy can be found as a UDFA. I was miffed they didn’t grab one of the top-rated punters late in the draft. Playing at Lambeau and Soldier Field every year makes it a wise investment. So glad they found this guy.

5 Likes

No. 1 punter in the league per PFF.

2 Likes

Until he shanks one in a playoff game and gets hurt in the offseason…

3 Likes

by far Quinn’s best acquisition

It has been pretty impressive what he’s been doing.

1 Like

And the camp battle between him and Sypos (sp?) was supposedly close. Really surprised no one and picked him up. He can’t be half bad if he gave Fox a run for the position.

I just hope that when we really really need just an average punt to seal a game…he doesn’t shank it like Martin would

Martin was Yipps McChokesalot

2 Likes

Martin was so good, before he stepped on a conch shell. LOL. The shank will forever seal his legacy.

New dude is amazing. Fox is slamming 'em. Loving this dude.

1 Like

Was the Bengals game his rookie year or second year. Still remember that clutch 9 yard punt (or was it 13?)

I honestly don’t know which year that was…but I remember it.

And the Dallas playoff game setting up Dallas for the game winner.

And the Week 17, “Winner takes the Division” game in Green Bay. We score to make it a one score game in the 2nd half and then Martin kicks off OB and gives ARog the ball on the 45 and they score right back. We never got close again.

Martin was great all year and all game until we really really needed him to just be average…then he couldn’t even be average

1 Like

I remember very little about the Dallas game except that PI situation. Memory went into self preservation mode I presume

1 Like

It was the Bengals gave Deja Vu. We were up 3 with like 2 minutes to go in the game and had to punt from like our own 49. Needed a decent punt to make Romo go the length of the field to tie or win. Instead he gets a 10 YARD punt to the Dallas 41. Dallas goes the 59 yards to win including converting a 4th and 6

F’ing 10 yard punt with a playoff game on the road on the line…I truly could not stand Sam Martin

1 Like

I was at that game with my brother. Right before that happened the drunken Green Bay fan lady in the row behind me spilled her beer down my back. It was like 12 degrees that day. That was an unpleasant experience.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that was his rookie year.

1 Like

When fans are allowed back at Ford Field, we’re giving the punter his own fan section, with signs and everything… Fox and Friends.

2 Likes