Free agent Safety market may get a boost

Lions may not be looking at high priced safeties…
but still thought this was worth a look.

Chuck Clark is rumored to be on the move out of Baltimore,
and Jesse Bates is not expected back in Cinci.

Here are more safeties hitting the free agent market…
and another not listed here … Donovan Wilson (Dallas) is intriguing to me as well. Wilson had 101 tackles, 5 sacks, and a bunch of pressures in 2022, and he is decent in coverage for a true SS.
Dallas may not be able to afford him, but I’m also not sure Holmes will want to pay enough to get him.

I have to believe they want to bring Elliot back.

2 Likes

There was talk last year after they were talking about a FA matching Bates description during an inside the den video that we had interest in him.

I hope they bring in a guy similar to the Elliott signing last year. We have one sure starter in Joseph and I believe Walker is gonna be a contributor in 2023. Add in that cheap Elliott type, Iffy, and a rookie. I don’t want to see us pay significant money to a SS. Call me crazy but a legit CB/DT/LB are all FA needs ahead of Safety imo. And I’m gonna assume we bring in two (max) outside FA starters. Would rather solve the other positions headed into the draft before safety.

1 Like

I would rather get a CB, DT, or even a LBer like Wagner as well. I think the safety market is flooded with capable starters which should keep the cost down for the lower tier guys.

Continuity is a wonderful thing when you have been on track.

1 Like