Free OBJ

This is the type of skill and competitiveness we need on our team. Anyone who bitches about his prima donna personality as a main reason to stay away is personally being one as well in their own way. Make the browns pay for some of his contract, restructure, give up a 3rd. I think Cleveland will be looking to move him and cut ASAP due to salary and chemistry as this continues. Message from his dad at the trade deadline is no coincidence. His point is 100% valid. Outside of $ OBJ has been getting shorted big time with the browns. This a chance to buy low on someone with a high ceiling. Risk worth taking instead of Gallup

1 Like

OBJ gets injured more than Kenny Golladay. Enough said.

1 Like

Don’t care he’s recovered well and isn’t playing as wreck less with his body as earlier in career.

OBJ clearly does not want to play in Cleveland.
To anyone even letting it cross their mind, if he doesn’t want to play for Cleveland, it would be 200 times worse if he were in Detroit.

1 Like

Ding Ding Ding! Exacly. Why would the Lions trade for an often injured player making huge money. Sounds like Trey Flowers.

3 Likes

That has the dropsies worse than Ebron!

1 Like

No comp whatsoever to Trey Flowers. That was Patricia and Quinn overvaluing due to system. People’s priorities change over time. I think he wants out and the alpha role back more than anything right now.

The comp is that they both make huge money and rarely play. Add KG to that comp too.

1 Like

Contract for skill is very reasonable in the next 2 years. $15M total/year with $1M hit to cut. We need momentum as Wes has astutely said throughout the year. It’s not like we’re using those assets in a better way. This talk about trading away Swift or hock now is exponentially more ridiculous than obtaining OBJ

1 Like

100% agreed on that. You don’t trade away young talent.

1 Like

Getting OBJ is a move to win a game this year, not necessarily a long term improvement. That being said, I am ok with it.

1 Like

Dude is gonna be cost free to acquire tomorrow, comma why give up assets today?

2 Likes

Well, not until they’ve been on the team for 10 or more years and are completely ruined mentally and emotionally from losing. But by then they’re not young talent any more, are they?

Because we won’t get him on the open markets. Getting someone like him would take attention from opposing D’s allowing our auxiliary pieces to show their true potential in a somewhat competent offense. And help team morale tremendously

i think there are 2 edges to that particular blade…and we may not get him on the open market…but we might…at least that’s all the effort and capital I would expend, but your reasons are valid and realistic too.

Nope he wanting out of Cleveland because he’s not getting the ball not because there a bad team. If he came here he would be #1 as soon as he steps on field and will get plenty of balls, him making a difference here helps his next contract here or else we’re. He needs to be on the field to rejuvenate his career.

2 Likes

Again, KG didn’t miss many games up until last year and there was a whole lot of speculation that he didn’t want to come back and play for MP.
Now, would he have gotten hurt here had we resigned him?..nobody knows.

Except, Baker has thrown him the ball and he’s been dropping them. He’s a Super Star that can make one handed, acrobatic catches… well, he could 10 years and 5 injuries ago.
Now, he can’t catch what hits him in the hands, and he’s consistent!
He’s always been an egomaniac. Just, he used to be able to back it up.
He’s lost a couple steps. That’s not Mayfields fault.

He’s injured again this year and has missed the last 3 games. He was injured as a rookie missed 5 games, and then injured most of last year and then again this year. So, in 5 seasons, he’s been healthy in 2 of them. We dodged a bullet there. Giants already regret that deal.

I would seriously think about grabbing him if released. It’s something for relatively low cost the rest of the season and gives you a trade chip in the offseason if he’s determined to not stay another season. The Lions are number one for waiver priority. Might as well use it.