GB screwed by refs

GI attended games at Cobo arena and watched Dave Bing and Bob Lanier go at it. So when the Jordan shit came out it was just too much to bear. Had to stop watching . Still watch the playoffs every now and then but I can’t even do that anymore after watching years of favorable treatment for LeBron and some of the other shit I just can’t do it.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned before that the NBA needs a ton of work. At this stage, it’s unwatchable. Ironically, the college game is damn near perfect.

1 Like

After years of watching them get away with holding. The phantom face mask, many questionable PI calls…sorry i have no sympathy for them.

The way they enforced it was consistent with how they have enforced it in other games. Dean is on record in saying that the league has gone too far in what constitutes roughing the passer. But there’s no doubt that this one was called consistently with how they’ve been enforcing it for the last few seasons.

1 Like

That seems exactly the opposite from how I understand QB protection rules.

If the QB is in the pocket all protections, to include being hit in the head, are in effect.

It’s when the QB is out of the pocket, and can be considered a runner, that he loses some of those QB protections.

Been around for all the different stages of the Den just never posted much. I’m a Lions fan as long as I can remember since about 1963. Raised in Michigan moved to California after graduation.