Get Vick!

Didn’t that turn out to be false?

I didn’t see that. If it did, my first instinct would be that the NFL was protecting their image and paying to make it go away.

Watch the stories about Watson and what a good man he is that will come out.

I’d have to look, but seem to remember reading nothing tested for weed with his water bottle.

Vick had a lot of issues early in his career. He hung with the wrong crowd, Dan Reeves tried to drive this home to him, and he went to prison. Since his release I can’t say I remember him getting into trouble. Some times people need that wake up call to course correct.

1 Like

“Lab tests on the bottle, which contained a hidden compartment that police suspected may have contained marijuana, found no evidence of drugs, according to a memo Monday by Deisy Rodriguez, an assistant state attorney.”

1 Like

If I’m remembering it right, there was a compartment in the water bottle. I’m not positive. I wasn’t that attentive to it, even when it first came out, I just excused it. Many of my friends smoke, and I dont really see it as any different than beer.

I just thought the idea of him trying to get away w/it was dumb.

I agree. Also, Running a dog fighting ring for years isn’t a mistake, it’s a lifestyle. I have changed my own lifestyle and have done PLEANTY of shit that you guys would criticize. Did he grow? does he feel it is wrong because he’s a better man now? Does he view it as “just dumb shit he did when he was younger”, but isn’t worth the effort? Or does he just know he can’t get away with it?

Why he stopped matters, in terms of if you put a guy on an NFL team.

Just because someone changed the behavior (which he has) does not mean they have changed from turd to not turd. He now can function in society without torturing animals…we do know that much.

He’s been out of the spotlight and off the radar too much for me to know anything more than that.

I’m not condoning the dog fighting or any of the legal issues he had early in his career. I do believe in the ability of people to change their lives for the better, and I have no reason to believe he hasn’t.

Vick spent 7 additional season on NFL rosters after his release from prison without issue. I’m not aware of anything in that time that would make me question his ability to fit in a locker room.

The bigger issue to me is Vick hasn’t been on an NFL roster since 2015. I’ve seen videos of him where he still seems to have his speed and his arm strength is still there, but that’s a long time to be away from the game. If he wants to play ball still in a minor league, great. Maybe he can work his way back to an NFL roster if that’s his goal. His age, shape and time away from the game would be the bigger issues imo. He seems to have course corrected his life.

The dude still has crazy arm strength. I’ll give him that.

1 Like

I don’t either. There’s other stuff that goes into it for me. I just don’t see him as part of a rebuild. The other stuff → sure, he could change. Remember, I help ppl change their lives for a living (it’s my job).

I just dont’ see him as worth the hassle, even if there is none. He’s not part of the rebuild at 41 years of age. I would like to get a young dude that is on the roster for years (I’m aware that usually doesn’t happen). I am a minority that liked Stanton in that role. He was a solid backup that was happy to have the role.

I can see this too.
IMO, his age it the biggest factor. All he would do if he were here…maybe help us win a game or 2 that we would have lost with Boyle, and hurt our draft status. Now, if you think we are going to the playoffs this year, which is entirely possible, he could keep us in contention if Goff got hurt early/mid season. That could be a thing.

Yup - agreed.

Yes - at the very least, he’s corrected the behavior.

1 Like

He only changed his behaviour because he got caught. The man committed countless acts of pure evil. He should rot in a cell for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Getting caught is often a part of rehabilitation. Not everyone corrects before hitting bottom.

2 Likes

That’s how I would describe the perfect backup. Someone to come off the bench and win a few games and keep the ship moving. The Lions haven’t had that in a while.

1 Like

Same. But if you don’t believe we’re a playoff team, all that would do is cost us draft status. I DO believe we should win as much as we can…with healthy dudes that are part of the future (not 41 year olds).

I wouldn’t start a 41 year old Vick over a rookie Stroud. As a backup though? I prefer a vet backup with the ability to come off the bench and win games. Not saying that’s necessarily Vick, but I don’t think that’s a position that requires youth unless you’re developing a guy to be your starter.

1 Like

That makes sense too bro.

I’d take the guy who kneeled during the NA over someone who fought and indiscriminately killed dogs. Sorry just my standards.

1 Like

For real. Holmes and Campbell want players who are dogs. Not players who abuse dogs

3 Likes

Some people need to hit “rock bottom” in life to turn things around. And nothing says “I have hit rock bottom” like signing with the Detroit Lions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.