Give me your QB after round 3

I feel like there are several good QB’s to be had later in the draft. Most will probably just be good backups but a few have a chance to possibly even become starters.

I am still on the Jaren Hall bandwagon. Heck, if he was 3-4 inches taller, we might be talking about him in the same conversation as Anthony Richardson…but with much better passing stats. LOL
I think Hall would bring a different dynamic to our offense if Goff were to get injured and reminds me a lot of Jalen Hurts.

Who else should we be looking at?

2 Likes

Hall, Bennett, DTR- play action and rpo control the clock and grind out a few wins with upside is what I want.

There’s a lot of them. Hall, Haener, O’Connell, DTR, Bagent are my favorite options.

1 Like

It seems like a good year to get a good backup but not as good to get a blue chip starter.

College Football GIF by SEC Network

7 Likes

Thing is Ben Johnson doesn’t care about the “different dynamic” to the offense aspect, so I don’t think part of your equation matters.

Ben J values
3rd down completion %
2min offense success.

Per a few different articles in the last two weeks, mainly around the combine.

I’ve been pushing for Hall or Bennett for months.

Do you think that BJ would say that he values an athletic QB or would like to have one when he has Goff (who is not athletic)?

Ben Johnson has said what he values in a backup, see my post. It is literally his words.

Stetson Bennett for sure.

He’s Bailey Zappe / Brock Purdy for us. Perfect backup

1 Like

Gardner Minshew.

You go big in the draft, or go veteran at QB. Then have the discipline when you do go big, to let the kid sit a year while a vet, (any vet) steers the ship for that red shirt season.

1 Like

DTR maybe

1 Like

Minshew is cool I like Heinicke more

1 Like

Bagent or Bennett for me

I love me some Stetson Bennett.

3 Likes

Bennett for me

1 Like

From what I’m told…

Nfl Spin GIF by The Undroppables

1 Like

Dtr is my guy too

3 Likes

Drake Maye or Caleb Williams. If not for the turdiness Spencer Rattler

I liked Hall later, but the take away from the senior bowl this year was that qbs were so bad that it was impossible to evaluate the receivers… with the exception of Haener. Which i guess elevates him, but mostly hurts the others. He seems like a backup arm talent, but maybe worth a late pick.