Glasgow contract / cap space update

Glasgow’s contract details are now on OTC.

It’s a very good contract for the team. For a start, when you look at the Guard market Glasgow is worth a hell of a lot more than $6.67 million average per year, but the structure is also very team friendly. Helpful cap hit this year, and then the team has affordable outs in both 2025 and 2026 if his play drops off a cliff.

OTC has the Lions at $29.2 million in cap space and $26.1 million in effective cap space (which accounts for the cost of draft picks). Davenport is still to be accounted for.

5 Likes

@Deadstroke nails another one.

3 Likes

I think you still need to set aside another $8-10m for PS and in-season moves, which OTC doesn’t take into account. But still, a healthy chunk to continue working without and that’s without a Davis or Goff extension.

@CuriousHusker is right I might have to change my avatar to Jay Z to get a lil respect around here

2 Likes

To be fair, I’d have given you props had I seen that! Nice job!

By my math we sit at $25.23M in cap. With Skipper at 1.08 and Davenport at 6.5

Davis, Goff And St Brown will be extended changing their cap hit for better or worse.

Ie enough money to make at least 1 more impact move aka DL

rocket power nicksplat GIF

I believe they have two impact moves left on dline, free up cash from davis and goff.

One of the impact moves likely has a void year in the contract to pull from future caps.

Lastly, filling holes at lg and maybe wr3 going into the draft ready to draft talent over anything else

1 Like

I kind of don’t get why Glasgow signed this…

2 Likes

Basketball Wives Reality Tv GIF by VH1

3 Likes

I mean, the guy only made a little over league minimum last year. He wants to play in Detroit - he came back here specifically. Could he have gotten more on the open market? Sure, probably, judging by the other contracts that Gs got this year. I just consider this a hometown discount.

2 Likes

Whose Davis?

For the record, my guess was much closer

Now go home and get your shine box.

Carlton Davis - CB1

1 Like

7 million guaranteed right now to run it back with the boys.
an extra million next year no matter what even if you’re cut next year or toast

Looks like a 2 year deal to me…he won’t see that age 34 season we cut him and save 7 mil

2 Likes

I COULD see more

Tier 1 DL

Tier 2 S, WR, G.

2 Likes

@Jman

Crap, no I wasn’t.

This it what happens when I try to be funny.

2 Likes

I don’t shine shoes anymore @LineBusy
you’ve been gone away a while, maybe you didn’t hear?

4 Likes

I think they bring in 1 or 2

Tier 1 DL

A few of the below
Tier 2 DL S WR IOL

could see an armstead and reader

Or reader and lawson/barnett/young/wonnum

For dline specifically

season 7 GIF