Glasgow Cut

Ex-Lions news.

Glasgow just got released by the Broncos.

Nothingburger to us, but I know he had some fans here that might be interested.

1 Like

I know he had a real serious ankle injury late in 2021. Didn’t look the same after the injury last season.

1 Like

That’s too bad. I wonder if there would be interest in him if the ankle healed now? Might sign him for less than what Big V is costing

Could potentially be pretty cheap after his rough showing last season. It would all depend on the medical I’m sure. I think he might be more backup depth at this point in his career, if he wants to even keep playing that is. Denver paid him very well.

2 Likes

Plus could be the backup center, he played center Ragnow’s rookie season.

7 Likes

IMO he fits the culture and if he still wants to play could fill a role like you say for a couple years

2 Likes

I mean, he would be a pretty ideal guy here at the right price. Can obviously start in the league, can play center and guard. If he’s willing to take the right price, it would be great to have him. He’ll probably start for someone else though at a higher price tag than we are willing to commit…

1 Like

Id love him if he is cheaper than Brown as a backup. Not as a starter

1 Like

He had a bad year last year, not sure he’d be better than a restructured Vaitai… I’d prefer to go young at the position personally with the second 2nd or 3rd round pick.

2 Likes

I’d take more of a chance on a guy who may have a bad ankle, than one who may have a bad back.

But that’s just me.

4 Likes

Kraemer and Big V both missed the entire season with back problems. Maybe we should just find a guard that you know isn’t coming off a serious injury! A healthy one per say.

2 Likes

I’ll take it!!!

Knowing Holmes, he will probably draft a guard in round 3 who just tore his achilles last year. Then that guy will become a hall of famer! haha

1 Like

Bring him back at a reasonable price and draft Skoronski.
We would have an immediate starter and long term solution.
Added benefit. Skoronski can also play OT. Nelson isn’t being tendered.
We’d get an OG/backup C and an OG/backup T.

I don’t want Glasgow

1 Like

Yea, I get it. He’s not really an upgrade at this point in his career. Might be depth. I think he might just retire. He made bank already.

2 Likes

I mean, is he really toast? I get that he got cut due to a high cap number. But he’s not 50 years old. At a reasonable price, why not?

1 Like

If we’re being honest… Glasgow was done dirty in Detroit. In his contract year, despite being rock solid iron man for them since the day he was drafted, Patricia put him in the first ever “guard rotation” I’ve ever seen. Was it with a top prospect or something? No, Kenny frickin Wiggins. The same Wiggins who was out of the NFL after that. Patricia literally benched Glasgow during games… who would go on to be one of the highest paid guards in the NFL… for a guy who was about to be out of the league.

It’s still one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen. I sure as hell wouldn’t go back to the franchise that did that to me. What’s even weirder? Belichek thought the idiot coach who did this would somehow make a good offensive coordinator. Side note but… man, how differently would we look at Belichek if he didn’t stumble into Tom Brady.

2 Likes

He really struggled last year after he snapped his ankle in 2021. It’s not his age, it’s his recent performance. Could be depth though. He gave up 5 sacks and had 10 penalties last year. Big V in 2021 didn’t give up a single sack for example.

2 Likes

I agree. BB is clearly a great defensive coach. But, has a career losing record without Tom. BB did draft Tom though and developed him. So, BB gets a ton of credit for that.

79-87 without Brady though does make you think. Andy Reid doesn’t have all the super bowl wins but he’s been successful with many different QB’s. I’d take Andy over BB if I was an expansion team owner.

1 Like