Goff deep ball

A better starting quarterback

4 Likes

Yeah. If he could look beyond the primary receiver and scan the field he could have missed him too.

Like Allen?
Who was the better QB today and did Goff lose this game for us?

1 Like

Zylstra probably wasn’t open early enough for it to matter with the pressure.
Same with Raymond. St. Had a half step though and a precision short throw is much more to Goff’s strengths.

5 Likes

true. meant to type ‘slot’ not slant. he does run deep routes from the slot sometimes but he’s not a x receiver.

1 Like

Sure. Fair nuff. He still doesn’t/can’t read progressions. He always focuses on his primary. If the primary receiver’s covered or gets taken out of the play, he’s lost. The guy just can’t make a play happen on his own. Can’t improvise.

2 Likes

Totally agree. That’s why I want Bryce so badly. Hopefully Houston has issues with the size and is open to moving back. That seems doubtful though.

2 Likes

Don’t miss the easy out to Swift two plays earlier. No pressure, plenty of time, he just missed him. All QBs miss but when we need it the most is when Goff misses the most.

4 Likes

Or someone that can make shit happen. I mean, Goff has his strengths, sure, but(and you knew there was one)he needs a good Offensive Line. He needs a good run game. He has to have good receivers. He needs the right plays called. He doesn’t seem to be able to improvise. If everything isn’t perfect, he’s lost. I’ve been pretty quiet about Goff lately. Been biting my tongue. It’s probably a good thing I don’t get into these games emotionally anymore.

2 Likes

Goff was better then Allen today and you all bit ch about this and that. Im blaming the coaching staff. 3rd and 1 lets go deep, lets not us our TO. Lions are just as bad as the fan base.

1 Like

Glad you showed that.
IF Goff could have held the ball a second longer
AND
If Goff and Chark had even a little rapport
Then maybe Goff can read Chark as heading to the endzone.
In the end, he threw a back-shoulder throw to a receiver that may very well have improvised due to beating coverage.

A near-miss, but I don’t know how we crucify them. You can see what they were both doing. With starting-level Guards, that coulda been a TD.

3 Likes

Was he? All plays don’t count equally. When it really mattered, Allen was a force and Goff
Was just Jared.

2 Likes

Idk, our Guards picked-up the blitz but Buffalo sent more men than we had blockers for. You can see Milano running free through the gap between the Center and Guard, Swift went to the guy coming at Goff’s blindside, if Goff hangs onto the ball he’s getting sacked imo.
When the defense rushes 7 and you only have 6 to block them, you have to throw the ball quickly.
I agree with the others that it was just a bad playcall. You got 3 receivers running downfield and only one guy running short. Unless Goff was supposed to go to ARSB as his hot guy but there’s a good chance that pass would get batted down with no lane to throw through.

3 Likes

Fair enough.

Ball is out at this point.

When Goff releases it Chark doesn’t have a step, which is probably why Goff throws the back shoulder to Chark’s right. Meanwhile Chark clearly thinks it’s a go route and winds up looking to his left for the ball. Miscommunication due to Chark being hurt all year probably.

6 Likes

Why don’t we ever throw the stop-fade?
Am I wrong that we never throw that?

I still would have liked to see St. targeted.

2 Likes

Kind of agree, kind of disagree. I like the fact that they went for the big play trying to score a TD to win the game, and the play really should have worked. If it does, Chark gets OOB and it’s 1st and goal from the 8 with 25 seconds left and two timeouts. You can run the ball, you can pass the ball, you can do what you like. Worst case scenario is you kick a chip shot FG with less than 5 seconds on the clock and we head to overtime.

What I didn’t like was kicking the FG. If you’re throwing deep to try to win the game on 3rd down, then keep trying to win the game on 4th down as well. I also didn’t feel confident in Badgely making the kick.

3 Likes

And McVay is a tool.

3 Likes

Stats dont lie