Goff vs Stafford last 3 Games

Why, it’s almost as if Stafford is the same QB he showed himself to be in TWELVE YEARS in Detroit.

You get some good, you get some maddeningly bad. You don’t get many high-stakes wins. And everything has to be just so for optimal results; don’t look for, “Man, he just put the team on his back there and carried them to victory!”

1 Like

Let the ‘Slaughter of the Lambs’ continue!!
Death Metal Zombie GIF by Metal Blade Records

GIF by Team Coco

Just no point arguing anymore……just let them think what they think………ain’t like anyone is gonna chance my opinion on the topic….

1 Like

Yea u were loud on here back when the Rams whooped the good ol bears. Glad to see your consistency!

Oh the dude who called me a stafford slurper, yea you are a really cool human being. Pipe down. I have been consistent about stafford on this site and the old den for over 12 years. My opinion hasn’t changed. My stance is still the same.

Get It Together Whatever GIF by Amanda Cee Media

3 Likes

You know I’m just messing with ya in good fun anyways.

But there were some loud-mouth “I told you so” pro-Stafford guys on here 4-5 weeks ago, thumping their chest and trying to crap on anyone who might have second-guessed McVay or Stafford.

Personally, I don’t even know what to think of either of them anymore. They went from the greatest show on turf to looking like the football follies highlight reels in a very short time. It’s good for the Lion’s so I’m happy, we could use all the picks we can get and the higher the better imo.

2 Likes

Lol , ok this is funny shit now you should put stats sheet down and go watch them games and maybe you see a difference ,

Here a stat for you to look up, when it is 3rd and 10 or more see witch QB picks up that 1st down more often and keeps the drive alive. Hell I’m not sure Goff has picked up a 3rd and 10 this year. What you call 3rd and 10 with Goff ? A punt. And When going for it on 4th down never seen Matt throw it out of bounds let alone twice.

1 Like

Good to get the current Rams fan perspective. I still think we won the trade too.

I’ve been saying all along that I’d give the edge to Stafford on who is better right now, but I would give it based on his experience (7 additional years). Stafford has special arm talent, but Goff is honestly more consistent with the short and intermediate stuff, and can make all the throws. They each have their strengths and I don’t see a super large separation on who is better. Plus I like Goff’s potential to prove ultimately better if given the right support, being that is is still a young QB.

It’s been hard for Goff to show much with the crap show going on around him and a complete dearth of experienced receivers, but there are glimpses. I think he will be fine when we get some skill players - with just Reynolds he looked better.

2 Likes

Been watching those games.

Tell me who has a better team right now?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

You kidding me now that is funny I don’t care who you are.

Doesn’t change the fact that when it 3rd 10 with Goff your punting. The punter is grabbing his helmet heading to the field before the 3rd down even goes off.

Even when Goff completes a pass it’s wobbling like a duck. But hey he has I high completion rate but the ball only travels 5 yrds on his deep throws , I’ll bet he has the most pass at the line of scrimmage in the league.

ray charles laugh GIF

You will never see this from Goff

You’ll never see that from Goff in Detroit. He actually had some pretty good games when he played for an actual NFL team.

2 Likes

He is not that QB anymore for what ever reason.

Because he’s in Detroit running a high school offensive scheme with no wr’s. Josh Reynolds looks like an all -pro playing next to the guys we’ve had all season and he’s a number 3 on any other team. Goff has actually played at a high level in the nfl before so the ability is there.

4 Likes

McVays system made him look better then he was, it’s not the WRs fault when that ball comes out like a duck every game he has a few of these. And it’s not the WRs fault when he throws it out of bonds on 4th down. (TWICE) no matter how bad Stafford plays it doesn’t make Goff any better. You guys keep dewling on 2 decent years of play. The rest is bad tape and the most scared QB in the league. And he has a whiny arm .

What’s Staffords play have to do with Goff? Go watch the MNF game between LA and KC when Goff was the QB for LA. Goff can actually play. Has Goff been good this year with Detroit? No he hasn’t but who has been? We all said for years that Detroit was holding Stafford back….so isn’t it possible that this team is holding Goff back as well? I’m not saying he’s ever going to be an MVP but the more I watch this team the more I see a lack of skill position players and coaching. Goff can be serviceable until we draft our guy.

2 Likes

You always know someone is really bad when they use the word servicable. Goff got trade because of exactly how he has played in Detroit. The WRs are poor but that’s not the only issue with Goff’s play. Goff reminds me of Jeff Garcia in the end he won a Superbowl but he was that guy when he got to Detroit. There both known for there moonballs and whiny arms. Your stuck on 2 decent years of play on a stacked team. Jared isn’t that same guy mentally or physically. That’s why he’s was traded.

And not even servicable QBs throw the ball out of bonds on 4th down let alone doing it twice.