Goff was our leading rusher

I would like to upgrade the LB position as well. Big money or high picks…either way is fine with me. It was frustrating watching them run the ball when alot of it was just washing the line down and cutting off of it. A good LB should have been able to scrape and shut tgose plays down. We were getting gashed on them.

1 Like

I’m not ready to throw the towel in on Williams after one bad game. Especially a game where the O-line did not play great. I also think Swift is still playing hurt.

2 Likes

After two games every year, swift is playing hurt.

1 Like

Agree with this. I love the guy but I feel like his production is fairly easily replaced, he takes what the o-line gives him and not a lot more. With his stats he’ll be looking for a big deal, but paying a RB at his peak is a bad idea because it’s very likely that you’re paying for his downswing. For his role we just need a big guy who’ll run hard into the gaps he’s supposed to, and I feel there’s lots of guys who could do that.

Also agree with the second part, Campbell sets the culture, not the no 2 RB.

2 Likes

I was ready to move on from Williams late last year. No burst. But he looked better this season. At least for a while. Probably gets banged up and loses some vigor.

1 Like

I’m sorry but to me it’s laughable debating certain players after this game. J-Will is one of them. And it’s not just Campbell that sets the culture. It’s other coaches and it’s other players.

@BigNatty and I have said all year you don’t let this guy go. Forever. So he’s had a couple of bad games. So has Okudah, we kicking him out? So has Goff, we kicking him off? So has Hutch, we kicking him out? So has Decker, we kicking him out.

This is just classic over-reaction Sunday. They slipped up, the dropped a stinker. With the exception of a couple of teams every year, every team in the league has at least one.

3 Likes

Oline sucked a ron Jeremy today

1 Like

Those guys aren’t entering free agency anyway at a positon that rarely sees guys play well as long as Jamaal would be signed for.

Thanks for breaking this concept down. Some people can only imagine one thing at a time. Black or white thinking.

Every draft there are more RB’s available than teams that need them so they always drop down in the draft.

1 Like

#1. Jamaal Williams is 27 and much less tread due to his time with the Packers.

#2. Fine, rephrase my question. “All the guys I mentioned, we kicking them out if they’re free agents after this season?”

I think the point stands that with emotions high or “thoughts” hours after a loss like this, it’s silly to be debating certain players futures based on the game they had today. Aside from Kalif and ST, NOBODY had a good game today. It happens. They got their butt kicked. Entire body of work is what counts, not having a completely s-tty day at the office.

I don’t want to trade up, but if Bijan is there with our pick, he’s the pick

1 Like

Jamaal Williams is not good enough to spend money on and pass on one of the top backs in this class. Specifically Robinson. You can call it an “overreaction” all you want, but Jamaal has not earned that right through his play on the field. He’s magically getting less carries now even though he doesn’t show up on the practice injury report, and when he gets the ball he’s less effective with it.

That’s just how it works with running backs. If Decker was a free agent we resign him because tackles can play a lot longer than running backs. If Okudah was a free agent we might consider resigning him, because we’ve only gotten essentially half a season of him being good in his 3 years here. If Goff was a free agent, we’d have a long debate about it but we probably bring him back. Hutch is a rookie.

I totally understand what Jamaal brings to this locker room, but Brockers is a big locker room guy too and at what point do we value a player’s impact on the field over their locker room value?

3 Likes

Do you not think that RB is a position of need based on the current production as well as upcoming contract statuses?

What exactly do you see Swifts role is with this team moving forward?

What about Williams? Do you think we should resign him? If so, at what APY? Would you be willing to go 4+ Mil per year to keep him? His valuation is definitely dropping off the last few games but they’ve been riding him hard. Do you think he’d be happy to stay at his current 3 Mil APY? And even if they do resign him, what do you expect his role to be?

I love J Will, but he’s not a lead back. Amazing team guy, definitely someone you want on the team, but he’s just not a lead back

6 Likes

And that is my point. @HSV the backup RB could very well hit 1,000 yards (currently only 8 guys have it and 7 of them are starters) and and could very well hit 15 TDs (currently nobody even has his 14).

Then you bring in the locker room factor, how can you NOT want this guy on your team?

As I said, he’s had a couple of duds. So does everyone else. I don’t see what people are missing in my point that some of the talk directly after games might need to slow down a bit. That was my whole point to begin with and it somehow has turned into me defending J-Will.

1 Like

When you see the kind of futility we saw today, the primary problem isn’t the back.

We should probably be drafting a RB every other year or so. But what I’m not doing is spending a 1st round pick on one.

1 Like

I never said it was the primary problem. Only a fool would watch that run defense and then think the running back was the biggest issue.

We are allowed to address multiple things in the offseason you know?

1 Like

ZERO disagreement there!