Good for Caldwell

Looks like there’ll be somewhat of a bidding war between Jax and Chicago for Caldwell, who turned down the opportunity to interview with Vikings because offers are likely en route.

He’s earned this.

27 Likes

I wonder if the difference will come down to who he believes in more: Lawrence or Fields.

3 Likes

It’s gotta be Jacksonville. They need him the most. Lawrence is much more a pocket passer, which is where Caldwell’s done the best with.

I do think he’d be a good coach in Chicago, but I think the better fit is Jacksonville.

3 Likes

Agree Jacksonville….

But also I wonder about the vikes… JC was lionized when he was fired for 9-7 record…… vikes firing Zimmerman looks like a repeat and he’s not wanting that from leadership imo

4 Likes

IMO, a bit of a no brainer. Bears have very little draft stock and a HUGE ? in Fields as well as an aging D.
Jax has weather, draft picks and some growing youth.

4 Likes

And no taxes!!

5 Likes

Plus cap space.

3 Likes

Well, another Lions curse falls away if this happens, first ex Lions coach to get another head coaching gig.

7 Likes

He’s the first that’s deserved one!

12 Likes

Caldwell to the Jags would strengthen the argument to protect the Jags major investment in Lawrence by investing in a Left Tackle with the 1st Pick…Good news for Holmes.

8 Likes

Good for him. Talk gets around. People liked him here.

4 Likes

Very interested to see who his staff will be. Especially defense coordinator

1 Like

This is a good point. Generallybwe know players get taxed based on where they play the games, so even if Tua thinks it’s a deal to live in FL, he has to pay NY taxes 2x and Mass taxes as part of his road schedule.

So, does that apply to coaches?

What about front office execs?

Being the coach of the Giants looks a lot worse.

Or Chicago for that matter. That city and state are approaching critical mass cash grab…

3 Likes

Jacksonville is a much better situation than Chicago. I would much rather work for Khan than the ownership of the Bears for sure.

Please don’t go to Chicago Coach Caldwell…I don’t want to hate you. My disdain for the Bears knows no bounds…

4 Likes

He’s an amazing mentor for young humans. Ppl forget, these cats were TEENAGERS a couple of years ago. They need a role model in thier life. Caldwell is as good as it gets. Hope he goes to Jax.

Let’s see if T-Law starts shaving his head now.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The bald guy is coming, MF’rz! Congrats Jacksonville fans!

2 Likes

Jax also needs to rebuild their culture and being that Jim is a world class human being I think he’s perfect for that task.

7 Likes

I think he his exactly what Jacksonville needs. Great person and a good coach!

3 Likes

I hope Caldwell chooses Jax. If Caldwell gets his hands on fields he may turn out to be a stud

He took Staffords game to next level

I think the ownership and what I’ve heard about chicago is why he and anyone else should absolutely be wary of joining that organization. Khan at least seems like he’d give carte blanche to whoever he hired and wants to trust them to do well. The bears are just cheap and looking to make the best move for the least cost so they can eventually blame the next guy when things don’t go well

3 Likes

The team that NEEDS Caldwell the most is the Texans. I’m proud to say they don’t deserve him.

The fact that Patricia shit the bed so bad after Caldwell righted the ship in Detroit, shows how terrible Patricia really was.

4 Likes