Good for Caldwell

Agree, good dude who got a bit of a raw deal from that New England Nerd.

There’s so much truth here about both, but mostly Patricia.

He inherited a team on the rise, and because of how he viewed himself AND Caldwell, proceeded to shit all over it.

A bigger man would have seen the work of Caldwell and built on it.

Patricia did the opposite because he’s a goddamn child, a bad coach, and a worse human.

4 Likes

Yup! Texans should offer to overpay him and publicize why they did it, and be honest about everything.

I think Khan is sick being embarrassed with swinging and missing on big hires…Caldwell will get his franchise in the right direction.

3 Likes

It would mostly depend on who he gets as OC and DC and In-Game Assistant HC. Because Caldwell self-admittedly does not do X’s and O’s and is a terrible in-game coach as everybody knows.

But he is a real nice guy! :+1:

2 Likes

Respectable beats laughing stock all to pieces. I don’t see Caldwell kicking the Kicker anytime soon.

kick in nuts GIF

3 Likes

Awesome!

Although it’s true we have no state income tax down here they do still get their money in numerous other ways.

Chicago please hire this guy and his terrible in game decisions!!!

Huge win for the Lions!

Really nice guy tho

2 Likes

Good for Caldwell, nice guy and will help straighten out either franchise. Probably won’t get either over the hump, but could be instrumental getting them to relevance

2 Likes

Won’t find a more quality human being than Jim Caldwell.

He’s an above average coach and I’d prefer to see him out of the NFCN.

I was ok with parting ways with him as I think the Lions wanted to aim higher than Wildcard Weekend exits but man oh man did that not age well.

Glad to hear Jim’s health is well and wish him much success with Jax.:+1:

2 Likes

I wonder if he did/will interview with Minnesota/Las Vegas . . . or they never asked him.

1 Like

Need the Bears to hire Caldwell, the Vikings to hire Anthony Lynne or Joe Judge, and Rogers to either leave the div or retire, and we got this division wrapped up next season and beyond!

1 Like

I think its sad as hell that Caldwell was never hired again. He deserves it after what he did in Detroit. One of the good guys, and I’ll be rooting for him when it doesn’t conflict with my team.

4 Likes

The in-game decision-making complaint is still sticking around here. Just like with Dan Campbell, we either don’t understand or don’t agree with the call, so we label the coach as being bad at it. We’ve already forgotten how the conservative strategies had actually won games for us, too. Didn’t we set an all-time record for 4th quarter comebacks under Caldwell?

I would MUCH rather Caldwell not come back to the North where he will be mentoring Fields. He will populate his QB room with quality football minds like he did here, building a truly “collaborative” (before it became a buzzword) effort where each player performs a part in identifying tendencies of the opponent and contributing to the game plan each week.

2022 might not be Fields’s year, but 2023 will be if he’s the prospect I think he is.

3 Likes

Caldwell was light years better than Patricia, especially money through saturday. However, Jim’s in-game boneheaded decisions cost this team very important games that could have propelled this team to a div champ or two while he was here…for example, it doesnt take a deep, nuanced, football mind to question the dipshittery of “the back and forth kind of thing” and him not knowing the rule of the fumble batted out of the end zone in Seattle, which were massive brainfarts that a team like the Lions can’t afford in an HC. If Dan show’s just as much costly in-game ineptitude going forward, then he should also be jetissoned.

I have no fear of Caldwell being an HC in our div…he may get the Bears on the right track, but I’ll take my chances with coach Dan vs Jim, head to head, at this point.

1 Like

Jim took the fall for Austin on the hail Mary and a couple of 10-men instances.

The batted ball was non-reviewable gaff by the officials.

1 Like

Caldwell was a good OC away from being the Lions greatest coach in 50 years.

3 Likes

Really happy for him. Class act all the way. Wish him all the luck in the world. Hope he gets another shot at HC somewhere. Prefer him not to go to the Bears though.

1 Like

Just because Patricia sucked doesn’t mean moving on from Caldwell was wrong.

It just means Quinn picked a bad replacement

Jim is a great guy but not a great HC

1 Like