Graham Glasgow returning

This signing is a perfect Evan Brown replacement. He can play both C/G and offers a steady veteran presence in Big V struggles with his back injury.

I would still love to get a guard/tackle in the draft.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Yep, my guess is Brown is more expensive than GG. Holmes playing moneyball as usual, which I love!

5 Likes

He Gone!

1 Like

I suspect that spending this much on Glasgow means the Lions are not confident Vaitai will return to form this season. If that is the case, having Glasgow gives the team flexibility in developing a long term solution. They don’t have to throw a rookie out there before he’s ready if they think Glasgow will play better this season.

2 Likes

Over the last 2 years I’d say Brown is a lot better than Glasgow.

2 Likes

Be interested to see the guarantees if any. Does he even make the team? Doesn’t bode well for Stenberg or Kraemer.

1 Like

Ragnow as well, didn’t practice all year last season, just played in games. Glasgow can play both center and guard and has a ton of starting experience. So if shit hits the fan, at least we got an experienced guy to step in.

3 Likes

Then Vaitai has to be gone or take a serious pay cut, don’t you think?
I can’t see them overpaying for both a starter and a backup. Like, it’s gotta be one or the other (and since Glasgow is here, there’s another shoe to fall).

Pay cut likely I think, similar to Charles Harris.

4 Likes

What does Cam say about this? @QBHATER90

3 Likes

Don’t forget you get what you pay for. Buy a cheap dresser from walmart and it breaks in a couple weeks. Buy one with quality wood and it can last for a long time. My point is you don’t want to be cheap with the oline. That’s risking your QB

7 Likes

It’s a great point. But, I don’t think we are being cheap here. At guard we got Big V, Jonah, Glasgow, and I still think we go guard in the mid rounds for some young depth.

We do after all have one of the most expensive O-lines in the nfl

3 Likes

Buddy says quality wood lasts a lifetime and you’ve got nothing?

3 Likes

Michael Scott Wink GIF

1 Like

Again, as long as Glasgow is a backup, I’m happy. He could barely walk last season and when he was with us he struggled with players like Chris Jones. I have no problem with the signing if Holmes drafts a future star like Bergeron

2 Likes

Well, I was wrong about this one. Seemed like he was not an option…
black and white dark GIF

3 Likes

Brown just signed with Seattle

1 Like

It’s the dreaded “upto” report. My guess is the base contract will be backup salary $2-$3M and he has incentives to earn more based on playing time.

2 Likes

Seattle gets all our good guys

2 Likes