Guys to replace our Guys

I doubt Golladay passes the DC/BH turd test.

Any suggestions on who we could sign then to replace Chark if we goes?

Robbie Chosen Anderson…
Nelson Agholor…

Idk that’s all I got

Nope, not worried about it.

1. Jamo replaces Chark
  2. Romeo replaces Comish
  3. Walker replaces Elliott
  4. Big V replaces E Brown
  5. Sutton replaces Okudah
  6. Okudah replaces Amani O
  7. Jacobs replaces Hughes
  8. Paschal replaces A Bryant
  9. Swift replaced Swaggy
  10. C Reynolds replaces J Jackson
  11. Levi O replaces Brockers

We obviously also have Houston, JOK, Barnes, Iffy, Mitchell, Reynolds, Raymond, Wright, Awoksika, as nice depth pieces.

Many might not love these solutions, but we had a shit ton of free agents, didn’t want to go into the hole in the future too bad….

So you have Levi O becoming a strong locker room presence along with a weekly nonactive presence.
Yea, that actually makes sense, well part of it.

So now I ask the Den….

I know Comish and Swaggy are the truly tough ones in here. Commish was always sweating and played in a freaking cast- he literally looked like Grit! Swag by embodied what I want in an athlete. Somebody kids can cheer for and look up too….

• I want both back, but I’ll also be happy for them if they break the bank elsewhere….

• the lions only got 650 snaps out of C Harris, Romeo and Paschal combined. The Lions got 10 sacks between them an Comish, but Comish half the combined snaps…. If Romeo gets 500, Paschal gets 500, and C Harris gets 100 at DE and 200 at LB- then I think we gets 12-14 from the trio.

If Levi O doesn’t get an injury settlement… can we assume he can at least give us what Bockers did last year? He played 18 snaps a game for 6 games, and recorded 4 tackles…. I’ll take the over with Levi after week 6…?

In order for Jamo to eclipse he and Charks 2022, and Cephus…. We need 663 snaps for 560 yards and 3 plus tds…. I think we’d take the over again?

• Swaggy is the tough one. Real tough- his 1170 yards and 17 TDs, plus first down rate on 470 snaps is incredible.

By comparison Dalvin Cook had 840 plus snaps for 1470 yards and 10 tds.

Alvin Kamara had 1397 total yards and 4 tds on nearly 642 snaps

Not encouraged by Levi at all, will hold off til August on his role this coming season; at this point, I think you are overly optimistic.

1. Could be
  2. Wishful thinking
  3. I don’t see this, Kerby and Walker are more similar, but I am guessing this is what AG will try
  4. How does Big V (a starter) replace a backup?
  5. Yep
  6. Yep
  7. Yep
  8. Still need depth
  9. Two totally different players, I don’t get this one
  10. same as above
  11. Man I hope you are right but Levi may be done

Interesting. What I look at when I see a chart like this is how he was used? I would suspect he was THEIR short yardage guy. There were people here who wanted to replace Williams after his first year because he was under 4 ypc and had only 3 TD’s. I look at how many first downs per carry because guys like this are in there for the short yardage first downs. Williams led our team in 2021 with 42 and a Rush 1st% of 27.4 which bested Pollard for TD’s, first down carries and first down percentage. Pollard had fewer carries but that doesn’t effect 1st down percentage. The question then becomes how would Pollard have fared as a Lion in 2021?

In 2022 Mattison had a first down percentage of 28.4%. For RB’s, I believe that’s top 2 or 3. So then there’s something else to consider, how is he at pass blocking? PFF ranked Williams as #5 last season, I don’t have anything on Mattison. It was a great season for Williams esp since he didn’t miss any games due to injuries. Obviously the thought is that he would be the short yardage guy but because we can’t count on Swift if we go this route we still will need a break away threat. Anyway, IMO he’s a proven back for a roll we would need to fill if we lose out on Williams.

1 Like

Golladay spends over 50% of the time on the sideline. No thanks.

Big V replaces a backup because if we aren’t cutting him, or injury settling him, then the guys in the building expect him to start. Since we went 9-8 and finished on a tear without him, one could deduce that Big V starting in place of Brown is an upgrade?

I am as low on Jamo as anyone in here…. But if you don’t see 600 snaps and 600 yards with 4 plus TDs, you got me beat in doubting him. I’m seeing Hollywood Brown vs Ty Hill, either way it’s an upgrade from last years production from that trip….

We spent a mid 2nd, 13.5M AAV, and 8M AAV between Paschal, Romeo, and C Harris last year and unfortunately we only got 670 snaps between them.

• if you don’t think the brass prefers Romeo, Paschal, and Harris to the snaps we HAD to give Comish, Barnes, and Bryant last year…. THEN SOMEBODY NEEDS TO WRESTLE THE CHECKBOOK AWAY FROM HOLMES NOW!

How is… Hutch, Problem, Paschal, Romeo, Harris, and JOK not depth? We are literally just starting legit FA today and have the whole draft and post draft FA? So we lose Comish- but gain Romeo, Paschal and C Harris who hardly played last year and now we lack depth?

I’ve been on team….

Skoronski, Bijan, Adebawore or Tuli T, Sydney Brown and Perry or Mingo

-Skoronski would be our best guard day one in my opinion and give us long term OT flexibility potentially.

• Perry and Mingo are both specimens…. Perry is a Chark body type with speed and prowess in the red zone and the long ball (see 26 tds last 2 years) and look at Mingos 9.89 RAS- he’s a bigger, faster, higher jumping Deebo body- not as natural a mover- but in space he’s a monster

Bijan- is well you know

Adebawore could add 10-12 and likely be an impact 3T, and Tupi could easily put 15-20 back on and play the BDE role that Comisv held.

Sydney Brown is a thumper and instincts and some ball skills. I would love him next to Kerry with Walker in the heavy Nickel.

Extend Jackson and J Jacobs and suddenly you have your entire 2024 starting lineup intact too

You just made my point, Big V is most likely not getting cut and will be the expected starter, So the question is who replaces Brown as a reliable backup? It’s not Big V because he is the starter.

Put this way I will agree with this

2 different players, I don’t feel Romeo has near the versatility at Comish.

I also like Mingo if we can get him in the later rounds, I also like Tillman in the 3rd but I don’t think he makes it to the 3rd.

I dont care it he played every snap. He is the antithesis of a goff friendly reciever. He would get less than zero targets somehow

2 Likes

I see Paschal replacing the Commish (assuming Commish doesn’t come back).

The commish’s best skill is communication. He gets everyone else lined up and getting their assignments correct. That is what we will miss the most if he is gone by far.

1 Like

Pascal is the guy we drafted to do what Cominsky was doing last year.

Issue being though, we drafted Pascal before we had Cominsky and Cominsky beat him out for the role… we know Cominsky can do it and do it very well.

We are hoping a 2nd rounder can do it…

In the couple of games I watched on all-22, there were 2 players that effectively anchored the line.

Commish and Benito Jones.

I think Paschal is going to be a bit better on the move, applying pass-rush and collapsing the pocket. To me, and I’m just a numbskull fan, I don’t see them as like players. I see Paschal having greater rush ability while Commish has greater anchor ability. In other words, we want both players, not one or the other.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

Me too

Especially since it’s going to be a hard sell to tell me we will have C. Harris, Romeo, or Julieanne back after this year.

Hutch, Cominsky, Pascal,
Houston , Barnes

That’s how I see it in 2024. Big hole to fill if Cominsky is gone

1 Like

While I do have ROk and Harris on the final 53 for this year (and am probably alone in penciling in both), I am not so bold as to include them in our plans beyond 2023. So, yeah, that does well to emphasize Commish’s importance.

1 Like