Guys who could rise come draft day into the range of our pick

Oh I don’t think it would be a waste. You can almost never have enough DL and the best lines rotate anyway (see Philly). With as much as Paschal might flash inside I think you could get he and Verse/Anderson both on the field for 60-70% of plays which is around the max most edges play anyway. Bring Houston in on obvious passing downs and you have a ferocious rush attack.

Yeah for sure, the biggest problem is it’s easier said than done. Fields is shredding everyone from the Pats to the Cowboys, a running QB is just a major matchup problem. I don’t expect us to do anything specifically, I think it’ll be scheme adjustments more than anything and as guys gain more experience against guys like that, they should be better prepared for it. Facing Fields twice a year might actually help us in the long run.

3 Likes

Yeah just listened to that one yesterday after I mentioned Verse on here as a potential option at #4. They’re certainly persuasive but I still have a lot more to watch. Right now I think he’s the best mix of upside and high-floor at that spot. Subject to change of course.

3 Likes

You’re way deeper into this stuff than I am, so I pay attention when you mention guys like that. You give me lots of stuff to ponder. Thanks as always.

4 Likes

verse is a 4th round picj. mayybe a 3rd. Those pff guys are bonkersrs. hes not very agile and motor isnt there. decebt player in the right round but nothing great.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but you are literally the only one I’ve seen say this. I haven’t seen him lower than mid-2nd anywhere. And when I watch I see a guy who’s crazy athletic and has a high motor.

I do think he hesitates sometimes when he doesn’t trust what he sees and it causes him to get off the ball late, But personally I chalk that up to a lack of experience because when he does trust what he sees, he’s an absolute terror.

1 Like

Verse is going to be picked in the first round.

2 Likes

Yeah the idea this guy isn’t agile doesn’t really track:

1 Like

Someone will trade up for a qb in the top 4. 2 qbs will go top 4

Agreed. Personally I prefer Murphy for us but it’s going to require more refinement. I think Verse is a plug and play pass rusher but if it all comes together for Murphy you’re looking at a Cam Jordan type of player.

Murphy needs to learn some counter moves.

So that is where Tampa Bay Tre went. He’s pretty good.

Correct. But he’s got some fairly rare tools.

Oh I agree I’m a Murphy fan myself, but I definitely see the Cameron Jordan comparisons and the need to for refinement. He needs like a counter spin move like Hutch.

It’s mostly the work ethic concerns that give me pause with Murphy, and I don’t even know if they’re real. Brad will find out though and if they are, I’m sure he won’t draft him.

2 Likes

We thought the same thing in 2020….
which is quickly turning into an all-time great QB draft…
and it still didn’t happen.

I wonder if this will be settled before the draft???

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.