Harris just got 1 ur 5M from Philly

This was our first big misstep. Should have offered 2 years and 13M for a premier 29 year old FS. Secured the whole secondary sans a nickel CB, left the draft to offense and MLB.

Of all the players and price tags, we whiffed here

Who’s to say that he would’ve signed here?

1 Like

Who?

• “Who” signed in Philly.
  • “He” is with the Bears.
  • “What” was the player @Lyonfan1 was referring to.
  • Why we aren’t talking about “them” this off-season still baffles me.
1 Like

I would have liked to have signed him for that money but get the feeling that we will be taking a safety in the draft. Probably before we take a linebacker - if we don’t take Parsons at 7

The “good” 4-time Pro Bowler DB Harris is with the Chargers.

I think he talking about Anthony Harris the Safety.

I know he was. And it’s no great loss. Hard to get upset about the Lions not spending a lot of money on a safety about to turn 30 in October when they have little cap space and Holmes has proven to have a good eye in drafting DBs, especially safeties.

1 Like

They just spent a ton on a 30 year old defensive tackle. If they would have invested that much in two players entering the twilight years, I’d be concerned.

I agree, Also, They just aren’t going to throw away their compensatory picks next year on a player of this type as well. They’ve proven this already this FA season.

We blew it not taking Jordan Fuller

I think it’s different though for WRs and CBs–guys who depend on their legs/speed/quickness for a living.

Let’s take Slay as an example. While PFF grades obviously cannot be taken as gospel truth, they’re at least relative. Historically, here’s where he stood:

Darius Slay: PFF overall grades and rank by year (2014-19)
Season Man-coverage snaps PFF overall grade Grade rank
2019 261 56.4 92nd of 126
2018 212 75.0 24th of 125
2017 184 80.6 16th of 125
2016 128 80.4 12th of 125
2015 203 78.1 10th of 125
2014 149 70.9 27th of 124

Slay finished 2020 with a 62.9 grade. He definitely wasn’t in the top 25 and likely not in the top 32–not what you’d expect from a highly paid CB, but then again, he was 29 years old.

Why’d the Vikings let a starting S go who had over 100 tackles for them in 2020 if they could have re-signed him for just $5M?

1 Like

And why did 29 other teams besides outside of the Eagles, Lions and Vikings not offer him more money or a longer deal?

1 Like