Has Tracy walker resigned possibly?

Was going to say the same thing, they moved him to corner. and he was surprisingly a bit better at corner than his usual terrible at safety

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t see why the staff would try to move him back safety when he clearly sucked there. I’m interested to see Will Harris at CB because he was actually looking like an NFL football player there.

2 Likes

3 years at safety with significant playing time, he had 0 interceptions, 0 fumble recoveries and 1 forced fumble. I don’t always agree with PFF, but they have him rated as one of the worst safeties in the nfl. And the film shows it. Harris will be on the 4th and last year of his rookie deal, I’d put him at corner and let him compete. He might also be helpful on special teams. A starting safety he clearly is not.

Honestly I wouldn’t be comfortable with Will Harris as my backup safety. He just provides zero value there. Either see if he can make it a CB or cut/trade him(7th round pick and bonus bag of corn nuts)

1 Like

In a trade we could probably get a 6 pack of Busch light and a couple of Megatrons edibles.

1 Like

There’s no reason not to keep him until the final cuts and see if a light goes on for him at S or CB. The Lions save $2.5M in cap space if they cut him anytime before the season. I suppose he could be used as a trade chip with conditional value or for a similar disappointing performer on another team.

1 Like

I never said starter i said they like what he can do as like a third Safety not as starter . I said they will be in 3 S looks an he fits for next season what they would like for the third Safety.

Will they resign him after this coming season he will have to earn it .

Not every player is a starter unless injuries or illness force it.

I do agree Hamilton at 7 mil an walker at 6 is about what the cost of Marcus would be for 5 years

I’m saying I’m not sure if I like Harris at safety period. He showed a lot more promise at CB IMO and I think he does have a shot to stick there.

Make it or break it year for Will Harris.

1 Like

Ya it’s very possible diggs comes back….walker, diggs and a rookie safety could be a nice unit for a few years.

1 Like

What kind of numbers would people speculate for this deal?

3 years - 20 million. 12 mill guarenteed?

I’m sure they love his attributes. He’s everything you want in a safety, size, speed, range, etc.

He just looks lost. He’s lacking between the ears. It wouldn’t shock me if they think they can coach him up still.

However I highly doubt they’re putting much stock into him contributing anything more than a fringe roster player.

I expect him back in camp but I think it’s real questionable if he makes the roster. Well unless we fail to add enough quality depth.

He’s a project and everyone knows it.

2 Likes

I highly doubt the Lions would be able to resign him before the legal tampering period starts. Walker is going to test his value before he resigns. He’s looking to get paid.

I figure Williams was talking about the two of them getting together for offseason workouts.

Or the two of them and his agent schemed this plan to get Walker some free press and to get the media talk flowing.

Nothing happening until he tests the waters.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.