Hello everyone... I want to

Just wanted to thank you…but I’m stepping away from the board. I wish you all the best in world.

11 Likes

Best wishes, bud. Go Lions!

1 Like

Sending love, brother. Hope you decide to come back.

2 Likes

Why?

Just time for me to step away.

1 Like

Thank you and you too.

1 Like

Marty, really hope you come back, your a quality poster and a good dude !!!

1 Like

Thank you wolf, I’m staying for a a day or two, but I need a break from social media and sports. You guys are part of my life but it’s time for me to better myself.

10 Likes

Been there bro… I have probably contributed to your desire to step away… just as you might have contributed to mine. Youre the man to just do it! Peace … and come back after a while

1 Like

I don’t contribute here often, but I sincerely wish you the best. The Den and Reddit Homebrew are about the extent of my social media dwellings, but I know MANY people who are absolutely controlled by it. Most cannot even recognize the extent in which it grips them, so I applaud you for taking action and doing you. Handle your s%#t, bro, and you always have a Lion’s family whenever you need us.

5 Likes

Head back this way soon dude.
Perfect time to take a step back and enjoy reality before things get ramped up around here.

I do the exact same thing, especially during less eventful times. People tend to get wrapped up in who knows more, and the you know nothings over the same old posts. And I get it completely… it’s tiring.

Take a little hibernation and come back when you feel is best man!

3 Likes

So basically what you’re saying is that NOT hanging around with me on the internet will make you a better person . . . Ok, I get that :smile:

3 Likes

We all need a break from social media and the internet from time to time.

Take it now the draft is close your going to want to talk Lions after we have a killer draft.

Peace bud!

4 Likes

Why are you leaving? This is one of the best forums to talks sports and Lions that I’ve ever been a part of. I never get offended in here and this helps pass the time at work.

Take your time but I wish to see you back my friend

1 Like

A bit OT, but I was talking w my boss yesterday about this. My take is that over the past decade or so, the human experience has been turned on it’s head. Things that people wouldn’t dream of saying to another’s face, not just for fear of getting crowned, but just that we are not this naturally mean in person, are commonplace. Add the safety of anonymity and physical separation and it’s amazing what we feel comfortable saying to others we don’t know. But now this has come full circle and you have oh say… a protest. Now all these people are face to face, but the fall back position of saying whatever you want to someone else remains, because it’s become FIRST nature to be that way. Then someone whips a glass bottle at somebody. It’s a weird time folks. The same de-humanization that societies have used throughout history to purge unwanted voices, is prevalent today. I mean, if you’re a racist, or nazi then well of course we have not just the right, but the DUTY to destroy you. I love living in the middle of nowhere!!

Marty - I get it dude. I don’t even have FB (never have) but I certainly have had to pull myself from political discussion on the former OTT and new offering. When you don’t like what YOU are becoming, yes it is time to pull off for a bit and get some needed perspective. Good luck man! Come back after we find out where Kyle Pitts goes lol!

2 Likes

Yeah, we all have to find a healthy balance. Now is a good time to take a hiatus, but keep the door open for draft weekend!

Personally, I ditched Facebook several years ago (and cable news). I also ditched the OTT here, save for checking in on a couple good-natured threads.

Each of us have to gauge how much time is healthy or determine if our online relationships are interfering with our real-life ones. It’s a tougher balance for some to reach than others.

2 Likes

Hanging around with you makes everyone a better person, bro. :wink:

2 Likes

Because there’s no other person directly in front of us, being on the net is almost like being in your own head. We mistreat ourselves, and if we are to be honest, if someone was sitting on our couches talking to us the way we talk to ourselves, we’d throw them out (if not kick their ass).
Online, people forget that they are actually speaking to a miracle of God (another human). We project our own anger (which is covering up sadness, insecurity, depression, etc 99% of the time). The anger isn’t even real.

If we are to be honest, the bully is the most insecure person in the room 10 times out of 10. Remembering to see it that way is SO important (deeper truth).

All people want to feel as good as they can.
All people project outwardly how they truly feel about themselves (without training around it).
All people are seeking to meet their emotional needs.
We are all fishing for one of these at all times…meeting the need for:
-Significance
-Certainty
-Variety
-Love/Connection
-Growth
-Contribution
When you can see that, and just notice what someone is needing, it’s much easier to see things for what they are and separate the person from the behavior.

Someone starts flaring up like a pack of hemorrhoids, you know they are most likely looking to meet their need for significance and/or certainty (usually both).
Some are seeking connection more…others, variety…etc, etc, etc.

Usually if you take action on something, you are meeting more than one need.
I get all 6 needs met in here, from time to time, but my main emotional drivers are Love and Growth.
Deadstoke gets a sense of contribution with many of his posts (Good dude)
Lots of really good humans in here. Everyone is just doing the best they can with where they’re at.
You can quite easily see what people are up to (emotionally). You can’t read energy as well, when it’s in print, but you can still be fairly spot on with the verbiage, language patterns, and consistency they show up in.

6 Likes

Wow, one of the most insightful analyses I’ve seen posted here… sports or not. Bravo Natty.

1 Like

Thanks, brother :pray: :pray: