Help is on the way

Normally, for any other team and new GM, I’d agree. But this is a Lions front office. For me, it’s guilty until proven innocent.

1 Like

That’s what pisses me off. You played this kid in a lost season. You knew it was a throw away season. That’s why they shut ragnow down. If they’d done the same thing for onwuzurike maybe this wouldn’t have been an issue this year. He’d have had an entire year to heal and get it treated! Just stupid and reckless on so many levels.

2 Likes

Hard to say because that was the year coming out of covid. Onwuzurike opted out so he wasn’t around the team. Then there was no combine. It’s difficult to speculate what Holmes did and didn’t know about the extent of his injury.

He still shouldn’t have made the pick though. It was a very weak class of defensive tackles.

4 Likes

It’s only Monday. Plenty of time for both of them go tweak a hammy or tear a ligament. I fully then to be listed as doubtful come Thursday :joy:

1 Like

how do you mess up 2nd round picks ?

1 Like

Yep Levi was a bad pic from day one. He lacked production , he took a year from football and was injuried. Total reach

Levi was a first round talent. Make no mistake about it. But, he was out for the Covid year. Then, he injured his back late. I’d say, we were just unfortunate with him. If healthy from day one: He would totally collapse the pocket and collect sacks as our DEs over pursued. Also, he gets off the snap so fast, he accumulates a lot of TFLs.

But Lions luck prevails.

2 Likes

Who knew at the time that could be the high point of his career?

1 Like

He definitely didn’t show that last year. Maybe his back was bothering him?

1 Like

He didn’t. But he could barely sit in a chair until after the season. He’s a guy I’d keep around until his contract is up.

1 Like

Well that totally inaccurate he’s never did any of that, not in college either he was a overhyped player, every thing was about his potential. The only reason he was ever considered a first Rd pic was because of how weak the class was.

honestly

outside of the RB’s (Swift and Kerryon, which kerryon was quite good, but his knee imploded which killed his career)

2nd round has been cursed since like

2016-17?

I wonder if surgery would help!? Maybe not. But, no reason in cutting him yet. Store him on IR and see if possibly he gets healthy next year. Backs are problematic for reoccuring injuries though.

1 Like

Great point 57…is the back something surgery can help? there has been zero discussion on how to help this kid get better. If its a degenerative thing that surgery can’t help, I guess I understand they they are so quiet on it…but if it is that, there is no use keeping him around. Develop someone else…

1 Like

Yea the whole thing has been like a big secret. Same with Romeo, we have heard nothing.

1 Like

Become a Lions GM

Did what? He hurt his back late in college. But ok.

honestly kinda concerning we havent heard anything on romeo recently tbh