Help me…. Help you

The Lions are a drug, and we are all hooked…. No question!!!

We are not a QB away…

If “A QB is there we take him?”

What does this mean?

Fact- in every way possible… Goff was a better prospect than Corral, Pickett, or Howell….

Fact- Goff is now a far, far surer thing than Ridder or Willis.

We have a top 12-16 QB entering his prime, and no LOGICAL REASON TO BELIEVE A QB IN TBIS WEAK QB CLASS IS BETTER!!!

1. Wanting a better QB than Goff if reasonable….

2. Expecting one of these QBs to be better is OPTIMISTIC!!!

3. Hoping we pick the 1-5 QBs in this class that MIGHT be better is a joke!

6 Likes

OPINION: Lets talk after the 23 season. If Holmes/Campbell see Maholmes in Willis, Willis will be much better than Goff! Have faith my friend. Willis, Hutch, Thibs, whoever, I will trust the process.

4 Likes

Agree…. He won’t though. Not even close.

If Willis goes #2 I will support him.

The way the Bears supported Trubisky, ot the Jets supported Darnold, or the Browns supported Baker… or the Giants supporter Jones???

Or the way we supported Ware, Joey or EVEN STAFFORD!

Why don’t we try building a playoff team then landing a QB? We factually know that with a good team, Goff can be 10 points from a ring? Why waste a key bullet starting from scratch.

6 Likes

Patient GIF by E!

2 Likes

If we shit the bed this season I don’t see any scenario where we don’t draft a QB in 23’

5 Likes

Some are too young to remember the good team the Lions were in the early 90’s. Unfortunately Scott Mitchell held us back.
Get a QB WHEN you can at the least cost possible and keep building the team.

Winston?
J Harrington?
Wentz?
David Carr?
Couch?
Tebow?
Quinn?
Bortles?
Gabbert?
Rosen?
Baker?
Darnold?’
Mariota?
Losman?
Weeden?
Ej Manuel?
Ponder?
Bridgewater?
Daniel Jones?

All these teams THOUGHT they solved the QB issue, right up until they did not!

You do not take a QB when you CAN, you take one when an elite one is there. If you have to…. Trade up!!!

5 Likes

I don’t expect this to happen in any way….

But… imagine if the Lions loaded up on offense in this draft. Take a small trade down for less than chart value… draft Wilson or London… draft a RB at #34… and draft a TE at #66… and then rank in the top 10 scoring offenses for 2022.

But… the defense stinks it up and they lose a ton of games.

Would they move on from Goff in that scenario?

I realize that is pretty much an impossible scenario… but if they really want to keep Goff around… it isn’t the craziest idea either.

If a QB is considered “elite” in the draft… the team at the top isn’t going to trade the pick…. barring an Eli Manning power play… which isn’t the type of thing that would help the Lions.

1 Like

Great post!

Trade down. Add a 2nd.

#7 Drake London
#32 Travis Jones
#34 Breece Hall
#36 Boye Mafe
#66 Nick Cross
#97 J Woods

This draft could make use 2017 Rams good

I think even the most vocal Willis supporters have said they will trust in Holmes if they pass.

To me it’s as simple as this. At this moment, can you say Goff is the future at QB with certainty? If not then passing on a QB because we have Goff is incredibly foolish.

There is a caveat there though, and that is we shouldn’t force the issue. If this front office believes Willis is a true franchise QB you have to take him. If they don’t then you pass and don’t think twice. Whatever we think about Willis is irrelevant.

4 Likes

You forgot:

Goff?

100% yes to all of this.

Bingo! Goff may have been having one of “those days”, during that Super Bowl, too.
The NFL has rules against smoking in the boys room.
Yeah! Yeah! Sue me.

Bears QB Fields already being let off the hook for his supporting cast. Evidently a 1,000 WR, 600 td TE, 1,000 min d RB…along with a 500 yd WR2 is impossible.
Good thing we didn’t tell Goff that as he didn’t have any of that shut outside of Gock

How hot is Willis’ girlfriend?

2 Likes

I wonder what at 3,800 yard 21 TD and 17 int season looks like for Z Wilson or Lawrence?

Do those teams give up?

Valid point

important factor we have all been overlooking…
if he needs help there, I’m sure Fox can help him out though.

2 Likes

Of course they take Willis #2 if they see Russ or J Allen 2.0. I doubt they do though…. I don’t.

If they do, I’ll order the jersey in a May and wear it week 1…

I don’t hate the kid, his energy is awesome. I love him. I’d hate to waste a full draft of resources taking a QB many though was a 3rd round 2 months ago!!!

2 Likes