Hendon Hooker Why?

Am I missing something about him . He is big very nice arm an can run . I under stand he is not from or AL I just want to know Why? No chatter about him?

He’s almost 25 as a 6th year senior in college. That’s why he’s not a super big NFL prospect. He likely doesn’t have a lot to gain as a player.

But I personally love his game. We’d be lucky to have him.

3 Likes

The golden rule is not to waste your money on Hookers and blow.

8 Likes

I think he would be a good pic in 3rd or 4th, his age might help him get there. Would be a up grade behind Goff with potential to be more.

3 Likes

I don’t expect him to play till he is Brady’s age but I sure would enjoy 10 12 of Brady’s first years

I will watch him more, I know many here have there Favorite schools . But lets take those glasses off an look for possible QB to take over if Goff fails.

Some Poster"s have no problem wanting to pay a CB or WR RB who is hitting 30 years old 10 to 15 million a season ,when really most are done or close to done by then.
Yet a 25 year old who could maybe turn team around he is considered to old?

2 Likes

Hook, line, and sink her

1 Like

What does this mean, please elaborate.

Hooker and Blough

9 Likes

The Lions should draft Hooker in the 1st round next year, exactly what this team needs…

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

Hahaha, how do I nominate this for post of the week or month!? @Mr.Peabody you win this time!!!

blow GIF

And sometimes the blowing reveals some truth!!

2 Likes

If it’s 2nd round or later, I’d have NO issues with the Lions spending on that Hooker.

1 Like

If we’ve cut Goff than taking an older prospect would actually make some sense.

We should be able to trade Goff rather than cut him. He’s better than Jimmy G. and the 49ers wouldn’t cut Jimmy G. In fact, how much are the 49ers willing to pay for Goff because he instantly makes them the heavy NFC favorite IMO.

How about Goff to SF for Garoppolo and 2 firsts?

3 Likes

The Colts seem likely to be making a move once again next offseason.

1 Like

The Colts are much closer to the Bears than the Bills. They might want to think about tanking.

2 Likes

I highly doubt they’ll give up 2 firsts after giving up 3 for Lance. Do they even have that many? You can only trade so far out.

But I do like the idea of trading Goff if we decide to draft a QB. He’ll have to go to a team that’s ready to win (or thinks it is), I think we might be able to get a 1st in that scenario. The Colts come to mind, maybe the Giants if they decide to move on from Jones.

If Lance is a bust, which seems more likely by the day, double down on that while they have the best defense in the league today, would be foolish. Two picks might seem like much but we’re talking at the end of the first round, basically 2nd round picks. It would be hilarious to see the trade happen and then watch Goff’s team dominate Stafford’s in the same division while we have all of both teams picks. The humor would be off the charts for me.

I would say that is more of a suggestion

If so then we should talk to them about DeForest Buckner.

Hell, I’d even talk to them about Grover Stewart.

I got it all worked out now:

1. Detroit trades Goff to SF for Garoppolo and 2 firsts (2024 and 2025). Garoppolo gives Detroit a starting QB until they draft his replacement. And also makes the cap space work on SF end.

2. San Fran trades Trey Lance to Indy for 2023 first round pick. Should be a high pick because Indy sucks and also gets SF out of horrible Trey Lance pick without too much pain. And allows Indy to stop pretending they’re a contender and deal with reality.