Here’s a crazy draft take for 6

OSU guys have great college days, where they get to celebrate the 4 best years of their life!
…buuuut…
We are more handsome! They have to spend the rest of their lives as ugly humans bragging about the “glory years” like Al Bundy, while we live a handsome & prosperous life.

…just a neutral observation

I am with you on this as well.

Actually I think a team, specially this team, should be adding RB talent nearly every year.

I believe in RBBC. I also believe it’s a young man’s position.

With that said a team can find some very good RB’s in rounds 2-4 in every draft.

This team doesn’t need a stud work horse style back to succeed. What it needs is solid RB depth because when our starter goes down we need a viable backup to keep our play action offense working.

Here’s the thing. If you take a RB in nearly every draft you’re going to miss on some and hit on some. You’re going to lose some to injury and just about the time your lead back hits FA you’ve got two quality backs behind him. Making it a constant revolving door.

Brads goal should be to add a fresh, young face to his RB group every year.

2 Likes

Speak for yourself.

I started an entire thread on taking a developmental QB and my choice was Purdy.

Go back and read the thread.

3 Likes

Here’s another post a I made on Purdy.

2 Likes

You draft Wilson he will probably not see the field with the depth at DE, unless your adding weight and moving inside or not signing Comish, you might as well draft a QB if your gonna draft the strength of your team. We have Goff and nobody else but at DE we have how many
Calculating Hold Up GIF by Liz Wilcox

Right now there is a ton of speculation. The scouting games haven’t taken place yet and the underwear olympics needs to take place. At this moment, I would be disappointed if we do not get Anderson, Carter or a trade down with someone that wants a QB.

On the other side of all the pre-draft events, who knows. But this is where I am at right now prior to a number of events that will undoubtedly change the situation.

There were a few.

1 Like

Surprisingly, Jeremiah didn’t even have Quentin Johnson at all in his first mock draft…

Its early, but it sounds like the NFL isn’t as high on him as the rest of the mock draft community

Honestly if we get Chark back

if i do want reciever, im looking at day 2 to pick one up

Xavier Hutchinson is my personally guilty favourite (solid Run Blocking, great deep threats, limited route tree, but very good at running them and getting open, physicality wise 6’3 and 200 pounds is nice. Combine and Senior Bowl could very much raise his stock, hes got the tools to be a true #2 if we view Jamo as Number 1 here)

I’m not just drafting for this year, I’m drafting what I hope is a stud to be on our roster for a decade+. That’s the problem we fans sometimes get into that I guarantee GMs don’t. They look at much more than just the coming year, whereas we tend to focus on our immediate needs.

1 Like

I admit I didn’t want him. I watched like 75% of his games at Iowa State and he never got any better from his freshman year. I’m quite stunned by what’s happening, but it goes to show you need to view guys from schools with less talent through a different lens. Sometimes they can look worse if they’re always trying to make a play.

1 Like

I had Purdy in a bunch of my mocks. Definitely not going to pretend that I saw him starting for an NFC championship caliber team.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.