Herman Moore review of Jameson Williams

Amazingly, I own 3 and one of them in Herman Moore.

The others are Barry and gulp, Joey Harrington…

2 Likes

Oil change rag, bro!

1 Like

My three are Sanders, Speilman and gulp, Kerryon Johnson.

2 Likes

Just hope we draft another Johnson that wants to wear 33 and you’re all set.

4 Likes

You run to the open spot. Sounds easy, you run to the open spot. Great breakdown of Williams reads and ability to go where the QB first of all can see him and secondly finding that open spot. Sure Williams is fast and that will win you space but knowing HOW to create space and then adding speed is deadly, it’s DEADLY. Ever wonder why our WR’s never seem to be all that open, why Stafford threw “jump balls” all the time? That’s why, they just never seem to get the spacing right and naturally flow into the open spot that correct spacing and timing will get you. Moore explained how you can over run it, so speed in that case takes you out of the play instead of putting you into it. It’s there for most WR’s, if you’re double teamed different story but there’s a reason why guys with slower 40 times get in that spot because they know when the ball is snapped that their timing and spacing can get them what they need. Cooper Kupp is THE example of that. Just think if he had Williams speed. It’s a very cerebral approach to your game and for some players it’s simply intuitive and it just blows you away to know that that is where the ball is likely to be thrown and yet…they are 5 yards away from the closest defender. Good for Herman, great breakdown.

3 Likes

Leaving out the absurd speed, and the rest is a description of ARSB’s success the second half of last season.

4 Likes

@FreebirdPartDeux yes thanks for sharing.
I also have Herman as one of my favorite lions

1 Like

I had a Harrington and a Kevin Jones…

No more jerseys for me lol

2 Likes

His rookie season, I thought we hit the jackpot!! Injuries are the worst.

I remember this game was on primetime in 2004 and Jones had 156 yards rushing in Lambeau field. One of the greatest games ever by a Lions running back not named Barry.

But Harrington was 5 for 22 and 47 yards passing, lol

Jones had another game vs the Cards that same rookie season where he hit 196 yards rushing. Oh what could have been.

2 Likes

Damn, forgot how good he could be before the injury… I remember him and Vick at Va Tech, and man I was so happy we got him, he was pretty awesome in college.

Stupid injuries and stupid medical science for not being able to fix the stuff better back then!

1 Like

196 yards Lions rookie record. Even beat Barry!

2 Likes

Lol the QB for AZ was John Navarre… that’s a blast from the past!

What could have been… he had a lisfranc right? That’s on par with an Achilles I feel like in terms of recovery

1 Like

I second that!

Thanks for sharing that! That was fun!
Bly’s INT – LOL. Loved that guy.

I thought they said Jones was one yard short. Mel Farr had 197.
Good for Boomer knowing that Mel Farr was NOT number 20…three of the greatest Lions ever wore that number - Barney, Sims, and Sanders of course. Three reasons to retire it.

2 Likes

Good catch! Farr has the record with 197, Jones is 2nd with 196 yards. And of course Barry wasn’t far behind, he put up 184 yards in his rookie season vs the Fudge Packers.

1 Like

Kevin Jones was awesome before the injury.
Also, played behind the worst offensive line in the history of the league.

1 Like

Ouch!

Only jerseys I’ve ever owned…
-Barry
-Bly
-CJ
-Suh

1 Like

Jerseys …
The only official big $ jersey I ever bought was Shaun Rogers
I wouldn’t buy a QB jersey — too cliche
But the Rogers jersey was good for maybe 2 seasons before he was gone
At that point I said never again and still wear it when I go to games (now few and far between)

1 Like

I remember that game. It was amazing to watch.

1 Like

I had Dre Bly and Shaun Rogers replica jerseys at some point.

2 Likes