Herndon Hooker.....?

sure, I’m late to the dicussion on Mr. HH…but the one time only I’ve seen him play. I was impressed.

Read he’s likely to go in the later rounds. So what say the board about our club taking him in the 4-6 rounds.

1 Like

Not a chance. He might not make out of the teens. Chris simms has him as bud 3rd best qb……he is accurate, has mobility. Reality is Hooker could be in play for the lions……

6 Likes

Meaning he could be in play at 18?

Say we do take him at 18, how’s it play out?

Does he sit for two years? Scrub minutes only? I say that’s how it plays out, cuz Goff ain’t going anywhere.

1 Like

Dude is only 3 years younger than Goff.

I think that’s a deal breaker from a variety of standpoints.

4 Likes

I’ve seen him projected 1st round, i’ve seen him projected 3rd round. I’d entertain the option in the 3rd, his age is definitely a factor. That and he plays in an offense that isn’t very NFL friendly.

I’d rather wait and get Stetson Bennett in the later rounds.

3 Likes

Stetson and Herndon. Not only are these guys old but they have grandpa names too.

Being mocked in the first recently and hes like 25, he looks okay, but when i watched his tape dude had so much time to throw, Darnell Wright was kicking ass (i think wright should be a first round player).

I wont mind if we got him at 81 but other then that I’ll pass especially with the hype hes getting after Chris Simms had him in the same tier as Bryce Young tier 2… smh

2 Likes

He’s way more accurate than Richardson and very mobile. He was having a heisman yr and probably wins it going away if not for the injury.

He’s the guy i think they’re targeting. Day 1 backup with the upside of a good no 1.

25 yrs old…Rodgers is about to turn 40, he should have at least 10 more yrs in his prime. I think he makes a ton of sense

Though i was hoping rd 2

2 Likes

I think Hooker would do well on the Lions with the ridiculous offense we can give him. Much like Goff has. That’s the beauty of our team as currently built, we make the QBs job really easy. You take him in the 3rd round, he proves to be Goff with extra physical tools, we save a crap ton of money resigning Goff. I think that’s worth a 3rd round pick.

3 Likes

Honestly all of this. There is buzz around him and Detroit. And I don’t think it’s just bc he and Ray Agnew come from the same town and were super friendly at the senior bowl. Kid is good. Even if you are a Goff slappie you have to see the sensibility in a move like this bc then you have leverage in the event Goff asks for the moon and you do not want to pay him the moon.

4 Likes

I’d rather they go after McKee in the middle rounds. I think he has a higher upside than Bennett.

2 Likes

I wish he would be there in the 3rd. In a scenario where Goff has another good season……trade him, for picks and you have a rookie deal at qb and more ammo in the draft. Logically based on how Brad runs his team that makes a ton of sense.

1 Like

Unfortunately neither of them are good. Bennett is a future car dealership owner.

2 Likes

I like him with our second second or our first third. If someone wants him before that… peace.

1 Like

I think Hooker is ‘da Villain’s’ man. QB is an asset that is great in your pocket. Let’s get two!

So he’s a future NIL sponsor for UGA, that works. :slight_smile:

He’ll never make it past the middle of the Second round.

1 Like

Wright occasionally shows up in my mocks at 18

1 Like

Hooker a better prospect than AR15 imo.

5 Likes