He's Back! Boyle signed to PS

1 Like

Un effing believable!

1 Like

He can’t dress for game day.

1 Like

Is there something barring him from being elevated game day? Deactivate Sudfeld or someone else?

Legit question. I thought they could. Or at worst, designate one of the two backups an the emergency guy…

Does he also go to Wendy’s on game day? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

And, we have to remember who DC is…. He is absolutely about life after football as a players…. He gives a shit about people regardless of their abilities on the field…

Like maybe he can look at coaching? Helping Goff and then maybe as a QB coach assistant….

We just don’t know…

The lions needed a 3rd QB on the PS.

1. It’s smart to have an emergency option available that knows the playbook

2. You’ll need this qb to work as the scout team QB during each week of practice

3. It doesn’t hurt if the player has some familiarity with the team and organization at this juncture

The 3rd QB on a team’s practice squad does not…

1. Need to be an all pro

2. Ever need to see the field in an actual game

:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

They offered Blough first but he chose to go to Minny?
It probably was their intention all along to have one of the B boys on the practice squad.

4 Likes

I’m going to add this…

Some of us need a wake up call now and then - these guys got one on t he national level went fired from thier job ….

Blough responded by leaving and going somewhere else

Boyle- maybe by default- but also through humility chose to come back here…. That in of itself is a good thing to me…. If he needed to be humbled…. He got it!

Now, I hope all our QBs do well at thier respective jobs and Goff doesn’t ever get hurt! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I agree 100%…. Practice and film room continuity is just as important as ability when you get deep enough into the bench.

Boyle list a pair of games by 3, and 4 points and the other we got blown out by 22…

He stunk up the joint in his first ever start…

Then then the D allowed a late TD against Atlanta, and we played without Hock and Swift.

I’m also aware he looked bad in preseason, but he was playing most snaps without Swift, Hock, Chark, and Obviously Jamo, but playing against TJ Watt and company.

Having a QB 3 with scheme familiarity, that can help our Q2 get up to speed quicker, and Goff gets along with is as important as anything else.

If we are starting our PS QB much, we are likely in the “tank for Bryce, Stroud, Richardson” camp anyway right.

The funny thing about us fans….

“Oh shit the Vikes cut Mond?” We should sign him asap as he’s got a rocket arm etc…. “The killer Bs suck and neither should be in the NFL….”

Breaking News- the “Vikings sign D Blough”.

I would be it’s quite possible that most teams feel similar about their backups as we did with BB…

The main difference we aren’t married 100% to our starter beyond this year, and we have 2 first round picks….

If we go 5-12 we are drafting a QB atop round 1 for sure, and even the biggest Goff supporters (like me) would embrace that.

I keep saying this…. If Goff misses more than 2-3 games this year, we have to draft a QBand either start over, or do the Jimmy G/Lance thing- and I’d prefer the latter…

2023 we already have room to extend guys like AO, Chark and Hock if we need too…

2024 we’d have a shit ton of cap space if we move on, a shit ton

• 2022 is all about finding out if Goff is our long term.

7-10 or better and 4,200 plus yards and 27 plus tds and 12 or less ints with 95 plus rating is my bench mark

2 Likes

I would imagine he has a hand in getting Goff ready. He knows the offense, can start in a pinch. Is he terrible? absolutely. But I think he does bring a small amount of value.

1 Like

As I read this this morning, I feel exactly like the great Jack Nicholson… in this instance, after Jaaack waking up at the home of a lady he had met the night before.

Lady- Good morning love, how do you feel? We had a grand time last night… a bit too much drinking and smoking, wonderful dancing and then, well, afterward here.
I feel glorious. You?

Jack(clearly hung over) I’m allergic to cats, so not as gaalorrrious as you, darling…

Lady- (confused) But, I dont have a c

Jack(waving and cutting her off, smacking his dry mouth and lips)

Wellllll you must, because it tastes like one shit in my mouth…

Wait What Reaction GIF

1 Like

It’s going to take Nate a few weeks to learn the offense. Boyle might be able to help Goff and Nate prepare behind the scenes. As long as we never have to see him play again in a game.

They would have to cut someone and expose them to the waiver wire to elevate Boyle to the 53 man.
No reward.

Fluffer?

3 Likes

6 more days to go guys! Then we will actually have something to talk about. Getting old arguing about has beens and never was guys. So pumped for this season.

4 Likes

For sure…I’m pumped about the Bills vs Rams Thursday night. That should be a great way to kick off the season.

1 Like

Relevant portion:
The most recent roster changes came with the 2020 CBA and it was influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic. The NFL game-day roster was [expanded from 53 to 55 players] with two players being able to be elevated from the practice squad on a weekly basis. There are still only 46 players active on game days, but teams also saw practice squads expand from 10 to 14 to 16 players. That also included the addition of up to six vested veterans on practice squads as opposed to players that hadn’t yet accrued four NFL seasons.

3 Likes

Guys relax. How else were they ever going to fulfill their “golly” and “gosh darn it” quotas? Solid move if you look at it from the golly/dollar basis

Makes no sense, period. If anything, it shows many that the SOL are still at the helm captaining this ship.