Hockenson is the Home Run pick we have been waiting for

Hock has a good head on his shoulders. He understands the game of football.

I was one of the very few who wanted to draft Hock.

I was proud of Quinn not listening to the media nor caring about the Lions past draft mistakes. That took guts!

1 Like

Agree, but let’s see how he looks against the Chargers and Eagles–two teams which have pretty good defenses.

1 Like

He’s on every defensive coordinators radar screen now.
It will get a little more difficult, but I think he will still rack up some nice numbers, and be a huge part of our offense going forward.

2 Likes

As someone who came from 247, who was banging the Hockenson drum all offseason (and taking abuse)—I appreciated the post.

1 Like

Hated the pick but liked the kid. That perfectly describes my thoughts.

2 Likes

I think Chad, who was mylions chose Hockenson in his mock draft. I agreed with him, but I had high hopes we could trade down for him. I was fervently against drafting a first round tight end ever again after the Pettigrew and Ebron debacle’s.

2 Likes

I don’t think any GM will ever let the failures of the past determine what they will do in the draft. Even more so when the current GM never drafted a TE in the first round.

1 Like

This is a different site. Everyone starts fresh.
This has been a kinder, friendlier place for nearly a year. We know we can all get along, even if we disagree on some things, we’re all Lions fans.
The tone ruined 24/7. Let’s not repeat that here.
If you have a problem with someone, ignore them, or double down on your maturity and keep the tone friendly. It can be done.
We have a lot of leeway here. Let’s make full use, but, let’s not abuse it.
We can all be friendly, if not friends.
Welcome to the board Iggy.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Then it was you, me and one or two others that were not only saying Quinn would take him but that it would be a good pick.

This week against a banged up secondary (Bolts) looks like another favourable matchup for Hockenson. Stafford will likely need to get the ball out quickly since the Bolts have productive ends.

Running game may be solid this week with KJ running through a porous middle DL.

Bolts also down their top WR and both tackles are very suspect. Our DEs should pick up a few sacks Sunday. Bolts likely focus on getting the ball out quickly and hoping for YAC.

Need a big game from Coleman.

1 Like

The Chargers top receiver is playing. Its their #2 that looks like he’s out.

I had it down to him or Johnas Williams off lineman guy. …

I was happy with it and expecting good things but he’s already passed my expectations…

Right, Mike Williams would be #2 behind Allen
Duh …
Their number 3 receiver last year, T Williams, is now a Raider
Their #4 was Gordon
#5 RB Ekeler who had a big game against the Colts
#6 Gates — done

There’s not much beyond Allen and Ekeler

So funny that he looks so young in this picture too

1 Like

No, I wasn’t LOL.

But yeah, I’ll be sure to “give it a rest.” :roll_eyes:

Unlike all the other GM’s here, I assumed I didn’t know crap, and trusted on BQ and MP. Happy…with TJ, he is special.

4 Likes

I never understood how we passed on Kittle and took Roberts in the 4th in the 2017 draft… George was off the charts at the combine. Iowa didn’t do him any favors but man anyone watching his tape and the combine had to see something. Denver is screwing up Fant right now, there was a time when I thought he would have a better NFL career, but not there. The “jet sweep” he ran vs the Raiders had fail written all over it, and he seems lost in their routes.Very happy with Hock but I wish we had made better choices in the past.

1 Like

So I will admit I hated taking a TE with the 8th overall pick, but i am more than happy to eat crow. I liked the kid but i just disliked the position we were taking at that spot. With that being said, its only been 1 game (though it was a big time game for him), I think his biggest challenge going forward will be how he will play when he has defenses actually game planning against him. Hopefully with the run game and other receivers he’s not completely shut out

1 Like

i liked the pick. he played an outstanding well-rounded first game and that means he’s nfl ready out the gate vs a guy like ebron. i agree though. his numbers looked good partly b/c he’s the new kid on the block and they probably were partly focusing on other guys. he did what he was supposed to though which was to take advantage of his opps when they came. if he continues to play well, he will draw more attention if he hasn’t already. that’s when we see how mature he is at this early stage of his career.