Hockenson showing his true colors

Lol a couple of drops and out come the chest bangers. Hock has been pretty good in Minny. I remember avril getting the same treatment and he moved on and was part of a Superbowl.

I’m ok with not wanting him traded and stand by it. We were a team that lacked talent. Now resigning him for a hudge contract was a bad idea because this offense doesn’t utilize the position to spend that kind of money. It has been proven we can plug anyone in there because of the way we use them.

2 Likes

That drop in the end zone. eesh.

1 Like

I had high hopes for Hock but I’m glad Brad did what he did. He’s going to hit big on at least one of those picks and maybe both. Maybe we draft the linebacker that shuts Hockenson down twice a year.

4 Likes

I’m not just the Hock Trade Club President, I’m also a client.

5 Likes

I’m half expecting Iffy to come in and start playing like a Pro Bowler at this point. Alim just played like he was Aaron Donald.

3 Likes

Yeah these young guys have been short of amazing, and I said before it’s not just one or two it’s practically all of the pics the last 2 years are producing meaning ful snaps and actually a couple of star powers in the making also.

2 Likes

Worth is based on what you can charge so let’s see where the nfl values him before we lions fans go hating

There’s always players over and underpaid on a roster even of great teams.

I’d rather see hock do well the revel in any of his struggles. He was a professional as a lion and kept it clsssy even during a time of great lions boneheadedness

I don’t want to mess with our karma celebrating the wrong things for a player by most accounts still was doing everything the right way

3 Likes

I’m not sure you’re exactly wrong. It reminds me of when people said Stafford was better without Calvin. Why not figure out how to be better with Calvin - Hock ?

Lions now on a three game win streak there’s some lions fan suggesting it’s a budding playoff team while at the same time celebrating losing hocks potential salary as over paid

While this “playoff type team” has $60m on IR
And is on 3 game win streak
And lost to some strong teams this year …

Point being , imo hocks potential salary shouldn’t hamstring the team for talent especially if Brad can draft

I’m fine with trade for what it is but don’t feel need to dog hock on way out the door.

I can appreciate that, for sure. Still hope the vikings lose every game, and that we beat them by 436 points every time we play them.

1 Like

I dunno
There’s something in me that wants lions to build a great team that beats other great teams. And then beat the Vikings

IMO Vikings are not a great team. They’re better than a doormat, but they’re also gonna lose 80% of the games between us over the next 6-8 years. :wink:

No knock on Hock. He didn’t pick himself #8, we did. Personally I don’t think you draft a TE that high. If you want a receiver get a RECEIVER. If you want a blocker at TE get one in rounds 4-6. There are plenty of them.

We won’t know his true value for a couple years, but somebody will pay him. I am glad at this point it wasn’t us. We can fill bigger needs with the beans and cash. Just wrong place at the wrong time.

2 Likes

REALLY???! DIBBS!

Thanks for the alley-oop, mouse :grinning:

7 Likes

HAHAHAH!

2 Likes

Even falcons having trouble maximizing their top 10 tight end

@BigNatty I’m not sure what’s ahead for them since the biggest thing now is … is their coach legit ? If he is , they’ll be tough over next 4-5 years

1 Like

I think we’ll have a D that can pressure Cousins (make him a D- QB) and an O that can run with them, even in games where the D has an off game.

We’re going to beat teams in the trenches, and our division is going to HATE IT, when Detroit comes to town.

2 Likes

I like Hock, but he is a Viking now. So now I hope he makes lots of money there and he ends up with Ebron hands.

2 Likes

Agree.

I was very happy with the fact Holmes was smart enough to trade him. Ideally, we would have received more than just swapping picks, but whatever.

Yesterday Hock turned a wide open TE screen play into a 3 yard gain. He’s not a bad player, but he’s nothing special and clearly is going to want big money. Glad he is gone and not getting it from us.

1 Like

Anything to help, especially when it brings out jiggly puffs. Boy I miss that picture.

2 Likes

I was a little surprised but happy about the news. I was in the ‘let’s not give Hock big money’ camp. I had hoped to just let him walk eventually

To get picks for him and shed that cap was ideal. And doing it now, when there’s still pick value was smaht

1 Like