Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

S w e t a P a t e l
@sweta2311

Look at Hock

👀

😳

5:11 PM · Aug 16, 2020 from Michigan, USA

43 people are Tweeting about this

GettyT.J. Hockenson flexes after a catch.

The Detroit Lions have seen some impressive physical transformations this offseason, and quite possibly the best might be from a key offensive player.

Tight end T.J. Hockenson, who wasn’t small to begin with, appears to have bulked up significantly ahead of the 2020 season and is showing off some impressive new muscles to the masses ahead of training camp. It caught the attention of the internet prior to Lions camp getting underway.

Obviously, the Lions need Hockenson to be ready for the 2020 season, and it’s clear with this update that he took the offseason very seriously en-route to that goal. Hockenson didn’t have a bad start to his career, but inconsistency and injury cost him in 2019, and clearly, he doesn’t want that to be the case again whatsoever.

A stronger Hockenson could be the key to making the entire offense go this season, and it will be fun to watch and see what he can do with his stronger look when it comes to catching passes and making plays.

T.J. Hockenson Worked Out With George Kittle

Hockenson, coming off injury, has gotten back on the field and back to work this offseason. That includes a training session with fellow former Iowa Hawkeyes teammate George Kittle of the San Francisco 49ers.

Here’s a look at Hockenson getting his workout in:

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

FantasyFootBub
@FantasyFootBub

A healthy Hockenson

👀

, training with Kittle

👀

👀

👀

168.8K views

0:02 / 0:06

6:01 PM · Jul 8, 2020

420 people are Tweeting about this

The Lions hope that Hockenson can be half as good as Kittle has been during his early time in the league, and the similarities the duo share are certainly interesting. It’s good to see Hockenson’s leg drive looking much better after injury, and he certainly looks ready physically for another season in the NFL.

T.J. Hockenson Offseason Injury Update

Hockenson had a promising rookie season cut short by an ankle injury, but now the tight end is looking set to make a big return and is on track to do so according to his offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

Speaking earlier this offseason, Bevell was asked about Hockenson and said that he is running routes and is progressing well.

As camp has gotten underway, that theme has only continued.

Detroit needs Hockenson to be able to contend in 2020, and if he is healthy, that would be a big plus for the Lions and their offense. As it sounds from this update, Hockenson looks to be good to go in terms of health.

T.J. Hockenson’s Role With Lions

There is simply no understating the importance of Hockenson to the Lions in the future. The team didn’t get much of anything from any of the other tight ends on their roster, and while he hasn’t had the most dramatic statistical impact, Hockenson has easily been one of the team’s top rookies in 2019 and a player capable of impacting both the run and the passing games.

During the season, many fans chided Hockenson for not making a bigger impact on the game. He had only 367 yards and 2 touchdowns on the year which is not the statistical impact that many people expected from him as a top 10 selection for the team.

Safe to say if Hockenson was able to play the end of the season, his stats could have ended up different. The Lions will hope he can get things on the right track for 2020.

Certainly, at this point, Hockenson looks the part for the Lions and that might only be the case more with his new look.

I hope to see Hock take a big jump this season.

1 Like

I hope to NOT see Hock jump at all this year!

4 Likes

I think he’s got that mentality needed to run some dudes over when blocking for the RB’s!!

I want to see some serious hits!!

1 Like

Love the potential for downfield blocking. KG too. Golliday is wired like a Dude. He’s definitely not the stereotypical soft WR.

As bad as Barry’s OL was, Herman, Brett, and Johnny did downfield block for him. I can see some of that for Swift too. Get these dudes in attack mode. I have high hopes for Hock

Let’s hope Hocks work translates to the field.

Hopefully he’s healthy and ready to live up to his top 10 draft position.

If he can just be an above average TE than he’d be a huge boost for the offense.

1 Like

I’d prefer the whole team boycott the hurdle (over a player) move.

The alcoholic in me read “hurl”!!

don’t care if he looks like hulk Hogan if he catches the football like Eric Ebron…

1 Like

i was glad to see the lions get rid of their strength and conditioning coach this offseason. it’s been clear to me it was a subpar hire and our players just weren’t strong enough on the los. in the preseason i don’t watch players or schemes. i watch the battle between offensive and defensive line. the past two preseasons every team we played manhandled both our lines. that translated into the season where we struggled to do pretty much everything. i don’t believe it’s coincidence that snacks came over from the giants and dominated. then with the lions s&c staff for a year and he got manhandled one on one for the first time in his career. the rest of the team also struggled to stay healthy.

i’ll wait and see what this years staff has done but i very much wish they’d have brought in a top tier staff instead of just promoting in house. that’s always been a major reason this franchise has struggled. instead of going out and bringing in the best people they can find, they just keep promoting in house from people that haven’t gotten the job done. then they wonder why they keep struggling.

1 Like

Except he’s never had that issue… His issue is health and being in better shape should help that. Unless he keeps using his head to land on instead of his feet…

…it’s a protein shake…

I’m with you.

We hire NE’s cast off when Bill B fired them because he felt his team had too many injuries.

We have similar results and we wonder why? This was a bad hire from day one.

Now we promote from with in instead of getting someone who is fresh and up to date on the newest trends in strength and conditioning. We had a real opportunity and once again I feel like we blew it.

I hope the results are better but I fear they won’t be when our new coach learned from our old one. I feel the same way as I did when we promoted Mayhew.

1 Like